More Harley (cruiser) reviews | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

More Harley (cruiser) reviews

From what I've gathered, the Sportster isn't a bad platform for a day-to-day streetbike, it' just that HD sells more when they lower the suspension. The older 883R and XR1200 "roadsters" had more sensible ground clearance and dual disks up front (may have the model designations wrong).

The Lowrider S remains in my mind one cool cat. I dig those dual tank mount gauges. The only weak link visually is the forks--it would benefit from USD forks, also in that matte gold.

yep, the new roadster has the same suspension/brake/clearance set up

And the lowrider S is lighter than the other bikes with the 110 engine, so it feels great, very punchy and torquey

Heritage Softail and FatBoy were the bikes that I loved growing up and thought one day I would own. Now I find them a little big for me. Can't even flat foot the FatBoy bc of how wide it is. Would love to try the FB lo & the Lowrider S

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Heritage Softail and FatBoy were the bikes that I loved growing up and thought one day I would own. Now I find them a little big for me. Can't even flat foot the FatBoy bc of how wide it is. Would love to try the FB lo & the Lowrider S

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Best hold on tight with the low rider s(and keep the right boot off the exhaust/heatshield, unless you want it looking like melted cheese)

Fatboy S is a neat looking bike, i had never sat on one with floorboards, very comfy, and that engine is powerful, but not powerful enough to overcome that mass

That's because everyone hates a bagger but a bagger guy. Owning one is like having an ugly girlfriend with great assets.

We have Harley to Harley bashing now! Why can't we all get along? lol FYI, I have a bagger, and I love the V-Rod, and the sportster, in fact I am looking to buy a Sporty to bomb around town.

It's actually nice to see some other Cruiser guys on this forum!

As for the floor boards scraping, you will quickly learn to be able to ride it aggresively and not scrape. I noticed that too when I first rode a Harley. So that shouldn't be a deterent to getting the bike. My lowered Road King has no issues cornering.

BTW great review!

Ty,

i was able to talk one of the dealers to let me take the roadster out tomorrow, i'll post a review once its done ;)

I know they are pretty rare but a XR1200 is a fun decent bike. I have had one for 4 years now and it is tons of fun to ride, let's me hang with my buddies who have Ducati monsters. I wouldn't head off to Vancouver on it,that's what the FJR is for, but great to tear up River Road.

Back
Top Bottom