Got rear ended on the 401 yesterday.... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Got rear ended on the 401 yesterday....

I'm not sure this is correct in the specific instance of auto insurance in Ontario, but in any case it's irrelevant.

The way I see it:
a)OP is damaged
b)He wants money to fix damage
c)He doesn't want his insurance to go up as he was not at fault
Who pays for the damage doesn't matter at all to the OP. It could be his insurance, the other drivers insurance, the other driver personally, the government of Ontario, he doesn't care where it comes from as ultimately (assuming that the money is actually transferred not just a judgement rendered), he is in exactly the same place. I am sure the OP's insurance company cares greatly about who pays, but the rider is isolated from that mess.

The point I am trying to make is that the op should speak to a lawyer about legal matters, I did and what I read on here is miss leading. I was very pleased with what the lawyer did for me. Before speaking with a lawyer I thought the same as you about A B C and it does matter to the op who pays , I think what he said is was I want to make that **** stain pay. That is just from memory so he may have worded different. If I had of listened to what some one thinks is right I would of lost out on a very nice settlement. Best thing for the op to do is call a lawyer and get the correct answer.

Yes It should have read they were NOT branding it as salvage. As for the processing of the branding, they MUST at auction disclose the vehicle condition IE salvage or not.

Is there anyway to guarantee the branding (or lack thereof)? It would suck to get the bike back only to find out the brand took 90 days to process or something like that.

PS. you said they were branding it salvage and it could be re-registered in ontario? Are you missing a negative or am I missing something?

Back
Top Bottom