Where next? and ugly sister Wee sitting in the corner ... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where next? and ugly sister Wee sitting in the corner ...

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Screen%252520Shot%2525202015-10-25%252520at%252520Oct%25252C%25252025%252520%252520%252520%2525202015%252520%252520%252520%25252010.22.25%252520AM.jpg

After 3,000 km in 4 days on the CBF1000 roaming Ohio twists I must admit the shine is off my 2010 650.

v2

It was a fair comparison as I did 6,000 km in June on the Vstrom and was pretty content. And then....needed new sneakers for the Vstrom ( hence the trip today and this post .....the difference was pretty glaring ) So I took the CBF to Ohio.

The Vstrom has a bit better wind protection but the CBF feels so tiny compared to the Strom and is nimble ...braking is far far better on the CBF ( C-ABS is so wonderful in the twists ) and of course available, effortless power is no comparison. The howl of an inline four with a superbike heritage is very satisfying catching up with traffic on a fast expressway.

Storage is better on the Strom but solo I'm fine on the CBF with no top box and have not really learned to pack it well. Biggest annoyance is it does not fit my 15" MacBook Pro inside the side cases ...so I strap my laptop bag on with some additional waterproof inner bag just in case. I may be switching to a 13" for travel so that solves it tho leaves me less space in the panniers.

The Vstrom will buzz along at the upper end of highway speeds but the CBF is just loafing in the fast lane.
Biggest downside with the CBF is narrower windscreen and more wind noise.
With the Schuberth C3 and earplugs in I don't really care - it's near on silent ( there is no buffetting ..just more noise ) but with earphones the Vstrom is better. There is this peaceful smooth power at almost any speed on the CBF as the torque curve is so flat and from a start the acceleration is breathtaking.

I bought the CBF1000 in Sept 2015 and put a glorious 15,000 km on it to end of riding season with a few multi-day trips, heated gloves did the trick for cooler days.

Then put it away til July 2017. ( travelling in 2016 )
Re-discovered the hot flame this last weekend. >:)

I have not 100% worked out seating on it....Beadrider is okay for 1/3 of a day, stock seat for 1/3 day ( talking long days ) but last 1/3 neither really works.
My Airhawk has a broken strap.

Range is the biggest advantage of the Vstrom ...50% more range is a big factor and the CBF is unforgiving while the Wee always seems to have some to spare. Clutch on the CBF is far easier on my hands and braking as mentioned surgical.

I'm sure if the CBF sells I'll be happpy again with the old Mule but for now....a fast hot lady in a red dress has my heart aflutter. 0:)

Fixed my laptop issue for $35 CZdn- and it matches the bike :D

81qtjqJkVLL._SL1500_.jpg

Cool gear they have

https://www.aquaquest.ca

••••

So where next ....retry the BRP southern end....getting pretty warm down there ...was even uncomfortable in Ohio.
Maybe Quebec?

The new ones are much better - remember - The Mule has 125,000 KM ...uses no oil and does 450 KM a tank and carries a **** load of luggage.

CBF1000 is in different class entirely and no gravel roads for it.

Better yet - buy my CBF and put me out of temptation :D

Back
Top Bottom