Occasional Driving Vehicle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Occasional Driving Vehicle

frekeyguy

Hoping you guys can help lead me to a direction.

Looking at some point in the future (far far future) into either a 1970's C-10 Pick up or a 2000'sh C5 corvette.

The C-10 is pretty old - who might insurance a vehicle like this ?
The C-5 Corvette would be 17-19 years old - who might insurance this ?

I have a daily driver , and would continue to daily my F150.

I'd go for historic plates and associated insurance through (IIRC) Hagerty, but I wouldn't be surprised if you had to be 30+ just like with the vintage bike insurance.

Historic plates suck. The limitations they place on use are horrendous.
Specifically,
(b)is operated on a highway in parades, for purposes of exhibition, tours or similar functions organized by a properly constituted automobile club or for purposes of repair, testing or demonstration for sale,
(c) is substantially unchanged or unmodified from the original manufacturer’s product

So unless you only drive it with a club, you are out of compliance. Any modifications you are out of compliance. Going for a Sunday drive out of compliance (unless you argue you are testing or repairing, but that only works so many times and gives you a very limited radius).

I had them for a very short time and quickly switched to real plates so I can use my vehicle whenever/however I want. The only upside to the historic plates was a cheap sticker.

Searching around, there are posts that currently police are cracking down on people using historic plates.
https://performanceimprovements.com/blogs/news/ontario-historic-vehicle-plate-crackdown

Back
Top Bottom