E-bike driver licencing | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

E-bike driver licencing

Yes, e-bikes need licensing or something...In my 3 seasons of riding a motorcycle I've had very close calls with 3 e-bikes turning in front of me without a signal or turning their head etc. one ran a stop sign and almost took me out...Oh and the other day while walking down the sidewalk, I got clipped by one, then the guy tried to fight me I think he was drunk? hahaha yea, I live in Hamilton or E-bike central. fml

I suspect that as electric vehicles become more mainstream, e-bikes will end up being bundled in with them. As it is they aren't supposed to be operated in designated bike lanes without being peddled, which they never are, so their basic classification ill ultimately have to change. we aren't there yet.

I think they are now allowed to use the bike lanes. An e-bike rider made a video of what it's like to not use the bike lanes and it makes sense to allow them full usage. Basically the previous system created two bike lanes.

Is top speed still supposed to be no higher than 32km/h? Because I was driving my truck beside a guy on one of these yesterday, and I paced him at 65.

129.jpg

Is top speed still supposed to be no higher than 32km/h? Because I was driving my truck beside a guy on one of these yesterday, and I paced him at 65.

View attachment 38970

Yup, that makes it not an ebike and sets the rider up for a $5000+ conversation with police. It becomes an unlicensed, uninsured vehicle with a rider without the proper drivers license endorsement or a legal helmet.

Pretty much what I told my girlfriend, I was like that thing is going twice as fast as it's allowed, and if he gets caught he's ****ed. Well that is if a cop cared enough.

Funny thing is, I saw it at work today and just noticed that it's the same one that pisses itself(alarm goes off) every time I ride up beside it on my phantom lol

View attachment 38970

Yup, that makes it not an ebike and sets the rider up for a $5000+ conversation with police. It becomes an unlicensed, uninsured vehicle with a rider without the proper drivers license endorsement or a legal helmet.

That thing doesn't seem to have pedals either but rather foot pegs, so it wouldn't classify as an e-bike but rather an electric motorcycle.

the pedals fold in. Same shop has a sportbike looking one as well, called the ninja :roll:

View attachment 38970

the pedals fold in. Same shop has a sportbike looking one as well, called the ninja :roll:

The cranks and pedals are not even attached to the bike in the picture. They attach to the silver shaft above the swingarm just in front of the rear wheel.

The crank arms appear to be ~3" long so I'm not sure it is even possible to pedal this one. Ergos while pedaling make an old ducati SS look comfy. Again, a simple test where the ebike must be pedaled through a course within a time limit would instantly kill most of these motorbikes.

132.jpg

130.jpg

As much as I hate ebikes, that little green one looks sick, like my CB125T.

ebikes are a joke though, they should be banned from the road. It kills me watching those idiots, 2 up with no helmet, blasting down the road at like 70kmh, weaving in and out of traffic. I am really surprised that after all these years there hasnt been a huge accident involving them that would at least cause the city to enforce the helmet laws. Watched an asian granny riding one down the street with a tin bucket on her head...

It's basically mopeds all over again. Although a little greener.

But for e-bikers you wave your beer, instead of your hand.

Back
Top Bottom