Gears for tiny people | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gears for tiny people

fuwafuwa

Gear for tiny people

I got my first and only riding jacket when I attended the m1x course. I picked the JR Phoenix 11.0 because it was on sale and I didn't know much about riding gear, it was the smallest size (xs) available as well. Now that I wear them almost daily I've realized there's alot of space between the body and the protective pads, also it looks bulky on me. I don't have much luck with normal off the rack clothing as well but I am able to get them custom made from tailors but I don't think there's affordable options for custom made motorcycle gear?

Is it unsafe to continue wearing this jacket? If so what would be a good place/brand to look for gear for smaller guy like me?

I'm 5'7" 130lbs,

Last edited:
Joe Rocket, Icon, Olympia, First Gear are all North American brands, so they skew more to the XL-XXXXXXL sizes.

You might have some luck with the European brands. Dainese, Alpinestars and Rev'It! come to mind. You might be a EU42 or EU44 size.

They're a bit more expensive, but chances are it'll be more of a snug fit. You don't want those protective pads moving too much or they won't properly protect your joints/back in the event of a fall.

I'm even smaller than ya, and Joe Rocket's fit me a lil big, the smallest one, but no mayor issues, as I wear hoodie underneath, but that jacket is mostly for october/november/december
And I also got a cheap 'Nexo' at Studio Cycle here downtown for the summer, works ok, fits pretty well. I'm sure it won't protect me a lot, but I guess city riding is okish.

Last edited:
Based on my experience, armor moves out of the way in textile riding gear even when it fits properly. It helps absorb the initial hit and then moves out of the way and you burn through the fabric. If you decide to buy new gear, I would buy something with leather around the joints.

I would look at the kids section of motocross gear and get an armor shirt to go under the jacket.

You may or may not want to remove the existing jacket armor as the motocross armor will be better and stay in place.

Many wear just the motocross armor in hot weather.

2010-EVS-Youth-Comp-Suit-MCSS.jpg

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/450/d/dirt-bike-protection-for-kids

There is lots out there.

It looks heavy ..it weighs nothing ...you don't need to wear the kidney belt for street riding and you may choose to keep the back protection in your existing jacket and lose the back protector on the motocross shirt.

My boys wore a blue women's XS when they first rode with me.
I gave it to someone here taking the course when they grew out of it.

Hate to be that guy but have to point out that gear is plural

beat me to it....if I interviewed someone for a position and they made this mistake it's the sort of thing that would stick in my mind. Always good to let people know.

Joe Rocket, Icon, Olympia, First Gear are all North American brands, so they skew more to the XL-XXXXXXL sizes.

You might have some luck with the European brands. Dainese, Alpinestars and Rev'It! come to mind. You might be a EU42 or EU44 size.

They're a bit more expensive, but chances are it'll be more of a snug fit. You don't want those protective pads moving too much or they won't properly protect your joints/back in the event of a fall.

+1

Joe Rocket is for fatties like me.

OP try some Dainese.

Is Doc's Leathers still around and doing custom stuff? It will be leather but probably not engineered and padded like the big manufacturers.

I'm about the same size (38US/48EU in a jacket) and have found that anything with more of a euro cut fits nicely. Like @Lightcycle mentioned, Dianese, Alpinestars, Rev' It are brands that I have found fit best for a smaller sized guy where Icon, Joe Rocket, etc are all made for a larger North American fit.

All good suggestions, will go look around this weekend

Fixed the grammatical error too, learned something new everyday

I am exactly the same height/weight.

Found Shift suite on kijiji, just picked up bike jeans on kijiji also, made by Alpinestars size 28 :walk:

I have had luck with Held, although I'm slightly bigger than you at 5'8" and 160. I'm a small in Joe Rocket and Olympia, but a medium in Held and Alpinestars.
I currently have a Held Tropic jacket.

Must have missed all of them....
did you search on ladies ?

Nothing wrong with this

$_27.JPG

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-motorcycle-p...xs/1281726846?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

First Gear stuff is very nice

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-motorcycle-p...xl/1265934429?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

that's a really nice jacket for a small rider

$_27.JPG

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-motorcycle-p...ic/1203123591?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I paid $50 for my Joe Rider mesh jacket and it's going strong many years later.

Back
Top Bottom