1000km service | GTAMotorcycle.com

1000km service

Optimal

Any suggestions on which shop is good for the 1000km service on a Suzuki Gixxer? The shop I bought from is too far and I'm thinking of going to Ready Honda. How much should this service cost?

Took the R3 to ready for a recall....got the service manager to inspect the bike prior to work being done. The bike was mint..not a mark on it...got it back with a nice chip in the fairing...service manager was a dick as was the mechanic who worked on it...tried to play it down.....first time and LAST time at ready service. $#@$#@

I'd spend the $ and go to a Suzuki dealer on first one. Do the rest yourself. Well maybe pay for the first valve set too if you keep the bike that long.

Adrian @ Ace Moto Tech

cheap service and follows the manufacture 1000km schedule like a dealer would

Took the R3 to ready for a recall....got the service manager to inspect the bike prior to work being done. The bike was mint..not a mark on it...got it back with a nice chip in the fairing...service manager was a dick as was the mechanic who worked on it...tried to play it down.....first time and LAST time at ready service. $#@$#@

I am 90% sure the "Ready" chain of dealerships are just a money laundering front with how they have no problem turning away business and not giving a single **** about their customers. I will never spend another dime there. Literally had a sales guy there tell me he didnt want my money and to go somewhere else when I asked him if he could budge on 3k over MSRP when snow city was selling the same bike for sticker price. I ended up buying at snow city, didnt regret it.

Yep, most dealerships seem to be scumbags. Same as the auto industry. Prior to bringing my bike to Burlington Cycle there was not a single scratch on it. After the recall was performed there was over a dozen black grease fingerprints and some nice deep scuffs on the right mirror. Unfortunately I didn't notice the mirror until I parked my bike at home so they said "we are not held accountable as this could have happened between the time frame when you left the shop and got home" (bastar@s) . Any reputable shop would have notified you the bike had been scuffed and replaced any damages as they were at fault.
With all that said Adrian at Ace Moto tech in Milton is THE MAN! If there is any service you can't do yourself on your bike he will get it done for you properly and treat your bike as it is his. Look at his good reviews (an reviews on gtam)...you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
Adrian @ Ace Moto Tech

cheap service and follows the manufacture 1000km schedule like a dealer would

I also vote for Ace Moto Tech. Just took my new GSXR750 there for its 1000 service.

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendations. I forgot about the clunk sound coming from front end when I go over bumps so I will probably take to Suzuki for the first one cuz it seems to be a manufacturer defect. I read something about the bike bottoming out but since it's new I would hope they will take care of it since there is a 5 year warranty. If anyone has any solutions to this clunk sound please share.

Thanks for the recommendations. I forgot about the clunk sound coming from front end when I go over bumps so I will probably take to Suzuki for the first one cuz it seems to be a manufacturer defect. I read something about the bike bottoming out but since it's new I would hope they will take care of it since there is a 5 year warranty. If anyone has any solutions to this clunk sound please share.
The clunk sound, could it be the headset being a little loose? I think its in owners manual in how to adjust it yourself. check out the video form MCgarage
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/h...rcycle-steering-head-bearings-mc-garage-video

After all the bike shop reviews in GTAM, Ace Moto is the place to go
Hey what year and cc is your gsxr?
let us know what the clunk sound was, thankyou

Last edited:
Just had my 1k service done at Ace Moto. Been a very long time since I've been at a mechanic's shop that wanted to earn your business. Can't recommend it enough.

Back
Top Bottom