turbo rebuild | GTAMotorcycle.com

turbo rebuild

eng2007

Site Supporter
Anyone know any decent shops in the GTA? Not a performance build just a refresh.

No one in the GTA i know of.
Cherry Turbos in St Thomas has previously done good work for a couple friends of mine.

+1 for Cherry Turbos. He does rebuilds for VW/AUDI dealerships, very reputable. No one to recommend in the GTA.

I will give him a call, especially since this is a Garrett T3 from a '89 Diesel VW.

If anyone knows any shops closer to GTA that would be great as I currently dont have a vehicle until I get this turbo back in and Im in West end Toronto.

I will give him a call, especially since this is a Garrett T3 from a '89 Diesel VW.

If anyone knows any shops closer to GTA that would be great as I currently dont have a vehicle until I get this turbo back in and Im in West end Toronto.

TD or TDI? I was amazed at how thirsty the TD was in a 90 Golf when you were on boost. Based on the recommendations above, I would ship to Cherry.

Alternatively ADP Distributors is in the west end and may be worth a call to price a new (or rebuilt?) one. I've never used them but I bumped into the owner years ago and he seemed like a decent guy.

1.6TD, IDI engine. It smokes like Im pulling a tractor during hard accel and especially after the turbo spools. Appreciate the suggestion but I bought a used unit that was originally fitted to these motors and would rather use that since Ive already got it.

Even with a sticky wastegate I still get 6L/100 on teh highway. City is much worse though because these old turbos are huge compared to today's standards and spool much later in the rpm range. That said theres no intercooler or EGR on these dirty oldies.

Call Cam-Jam, based in North York/Markham.
Subie rally shop, I'm sure they know someone that rebuilds.

Even with a sticky wastegate I still get 6L/100 on teh highway. City is much worse though because these old turbos are huge compared to today's standards and spool much later in the rpm range. That said theres no intercooler or EGR on these dirty oldies.

Back in the old days with Volvo we used Mister Starter on O'Connor drive he was the only game in town rebuilding Turbos.

Spoke to Cherry Turbos, good folks. Gave a visual inspection via email and told me its likely ok, if whoever rebuilt it last was reputable.

Awesome, that's good service. Are you going to send it in for review anyway or just bolt it in?

When did VW ditch the KKK series turbos?

I think somewhere in the midst of the transtion from TD to TDI so mid mk3 era.

Back
Top Bottom