Group ride crash | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Group ride crash

Front of group slows for the ppl on the side of the road. Big girl brakes quickly and "Brad we're down" guy plows into the back of her. Causing all the hilarity. Does no one teach brake and avoid anymore????
She was moving left and hooked her front tire against someone in front of her, then panic brakes and starts to fall, then he hits her. I can see how it happened, but all very easily avoidable!

So we have, all in one incident;

Too many riders in a group
Mix of rider experience
Many of whom can't handle a bike at the best of times
A long sweeping curve overwhelms one of them
Bunch of riders stop to 'help' (still in a curve)
Rubberneckers
Target fixation
People who know a hundred more bikes are barreling down on them but don't have the sense to get out of the way
Chain reaction pileup

And nobody dies!?!

She was moving left and hooked her front tire against someone in front of her, then panic brakes and starts to fall, then he hits her. I can see how it happened, but all very easily avoidable!

watched it again on a bigger screen. Don't see anyone in front of her when she stumble stops. Maybe she contacted someone initially, but she got stopped and no one down in front of her. Camera guy is looking/distracted by the ones on the side maybe? ...and hits the girl.

The one on the red bike with the purple gear appears to have completely forgotten that she even has legs, and that putting at least one down when you stop is kind of important.

Every time I watch it I see a gong show from a different angle. I agree, this needs the Benny Hill theme song dubbed over it.

So we have, all in one incident;

Too many riders in a group
Mix of rider experience
Many of whom can't handle a bike at the best of times
A long sweeping curve overwhelms one of them
Bunch of riders stop to 'help' (still in a curve)
Rubberneckers
Target fixation
People who know a hundred more bikes are barreling down on them but don't have the sense to get out of the way
Chain reaction pileup

And nobody dies!?!
Lack of speed doesn't kill?

But probably need delta v and mass in there.

Guy couldn't start bc his kickstand was down? He didn't check that?
And did I see a Grom with ape hangers?
And strangely enough, this makes me want a grom.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app
Guy likely couldn't start it because of the tipover sensor. You have to turn the key on and off to reset it, notice how quickly it started after he turned the key off.

watched it again on a bigger screen. Don't see anyone in front of her when she stumble stops. Maybe she contacted someone initially, but she got stopped and no one down in front of her. Camera guy is looking/distracted by the ones on the side maybe? ...and hits the girl.
It looks like at 0:16 to 0:17 you can see her turn left and front wheel contact vs the rider in front of her. You can see the front of the bike jerk to the right and she immediately stumbles and falls left. I know this feeling from racing BMX back in the day, classic collision :)

Here you go:

[video=youtube_share;8iKA4CR2juQ]http://youtu.be/8iKA4CR2juQ[/video]

Bwhahahah. I must admit I LOL'd watching it now.

I wonder how many members here simply don't get it though - Benny Hill was a last generation thing. ;)

2nd vid... Person forgot they had brakes?

3rd vid... Guy decides to lay the bike down? (Forget, or no kickstand?)

So confused...

[video=youtube;radUrIJBibw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=radUrIJBibw[/video]

On this vid that chubby guy was already going down even BEFORE he was rear-ended, I never seen so many incompetent people in one group ride.

That is the motorcycle rider equivalent to this...

[video=youtube_share;lmJDDC0e0bw]https://youtu.be/lmJDDC0e0bw[/video]

What a grom-tastrophy.. man that Benny Hill version was 1000x better .. and who doesnt love fainting goats.. gotta love their playing dead mechanism.. (would hate to be one of those poor bastards after seeing a lion, instant dinner).

Re-enactment of recent events.

giphy.gif

Bwhahahah. I must admit I LOL'd watching it now.

I wonder how many members here simply don't get it though - Benny Hill was a last generation thing. ;)
Me and my dad spent many hours watching Benny Hill

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Back
Top Bottom