Group ride crash | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Group ride crash

What about the guy behind him that apparently completely forgets that his motorcycle has brakes?

And target fixates on the poor people in the ditch. It sounds like he may have been on the brakes, but he got over into the gravel/grass before he took much speed off.

Ok well I've decided gonna buy me a grom setup with some nice gopros and join these group rides stay a little back. Will be YouTube gold

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Since we do frequently have newer riders here: There are at least two big but simple mistakes a lot of riders in that video are making. They are
1. Focusing on the rider in front of them instead of the road ahead of them
2. Not continuing to ride the bike when they think they are going to crash i.e. a lot of them are seeing what's happening in front of them and they are panicking. If you think you are going to hit something, keep braking anyway up to the point of impact. You will either stop in time (they all easily had room to stop) or you will be going a slower speed when you hit the thing

One more tip for noObs: stay away from group rides like this.

noob here, still don't understand what happened before OP arrives to the scene.

Guess I'll avoid large group rides for now LOL

noob here, still don't understand what happened before OP arrives to the scene.

Guess I'll avoid large group rides for now LOL

I haven't seen any video of the original crash. With the level of skill shown by the riders it could have been anything (onto the shoulder, too close to another bike, grabbed the brakes, passing in a corner etc.).

The more people you have in a group, the dumber they all get. I would stick with groups of less than 5 most of the time. You get comraderie, feedback and led to the good roads while avoiding pileups. As the noob, you only have 1 or 2 bikes ahead of you to worry about and only a couple bikes behind you that have to avoid you if things go wrong.

2nd vid... Person forgot they had brakes?

3rd vid... Guy decides to lay the bike down? (Forget, or no kickstand?)

So confused...

[video=youtube;radUrIJBibw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=radUrIJBibw[/video]

Looks like they all slowed to see the guy who went off the road, then the big girl on the tiny grom locked up here brakes and caused the pile up? I'm shocked at all the pimped out groms...like there's some money going into these things...

With the level of skill shown by the riders it could have been anything (onto the shoulder, too close to another bike, grabbed the brakes, passing in a corner etc.).

Or all of the above. That was friggin hilarious.

Brad we're down!!

EDIT:
Somebody wrecked and then everybody plowed into me??? That's an optimistic interpretation of crashing into the bike in front of you.

Last edited:
2nd vid... Person forgot they had brakes?

3rd vid... Guy decides to lay the bike down? (Forget, or no kickstand?)

So confused...

Guy couldn't start bc his kickstand was down? He didn't check that?
And did I see a Grom with ape hangers?
And strangely enough, this makes me want a grom.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

No commercial traffic on the Foothills Parkway, so there's that ...

Doesn't mean that someone might accidentally turn onto it. Happens on the Tail of the Dragon.

Or picture a Pinto, or Soccer Van bearing down on them then.

Doesn't mean that someone might accidentally turn onto it. Happens on the Tail of the Dragon.

Or picture a Pinto, or Soccer Van bearing down on them then.

Sadly I have more faith in the average soccer mom being able to stop before crashing into the pile than I do in that group of riders.

Front of group slows for the ppl on the side of the road. Big girl brakes quickly and "Brad we're down" guy plows into the back of her. Causing all the hilarity. Does no one teach brake and avoid anymore????

Back
Top Bottom