Need recommendation / estimate pricing | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need recommendation / estimate pricing

bloodyeric12

so im trying to turn my r3 into a stunt bike, i have the parts already, crash bars, back and front, sprocket, still waiting for chain. Are there any shop near Vaughan that you guys would recommend? I also had someone quote me 150-200 for just the crash bars (done in his garage). Whats a reasonable price to pay, for crash bars only and then chain and sprocket together, planning on having both done separately

I'm not convinced this is a good idea (you can buy great used stunt bikes for less than the price of parts), but since you are going down this path PM frekeyguy and pay him what he asks for. I doubt anyone will beat his price.

Try 905 motorsport in Vaughan. Hwy 7 and Martigrove area. Not sure if they do that sort of thing or not.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Honestly I'd suggest doing it yourself. My reasoning is if you're going to start stunting your also going to start breaking things on a regular basis so might as well get handy with some tools now.

+1 stunting and wrenching go hand in hand. Better start learning how to fix stuff or it's gonna get expensive fast....ummm faster.

Had my r3 for a year, prob could get a cheaper one yes, but i was like whatever

Honestly I'd suggest doing it yourself. My reasoning is if you're going to start stunting your also going to start breaking things on a regular basis so might as well get handy with some tools now.

Yea i was thinking about that myself, i can do my crash bars, its just i dont go a drill bit, which i could get, but the sprocket and chain, thats gonna take a bit more time to learn

Pick up an older F4I or a 636. Not convinced an R3 will even make a good stunt bike.

There's a stunting section here, you may be better of posting your future concerns there.

Really? i seen people stunt on r3 just fine, like what do you think about this guy. https://youtu.be/I9AjY08DDH8?t=376

The cage is a 3-point, no? Should be very easy to install. Hardest part will be cutting fairings (use a dremel and clean up the cuts with fine grain sandpaper). Rear sprocket is just a few allen bolts AFAIK, front might need some sort of tool you can buy for a couple bucks or make yourself. Buy a chain with a clip link and the right size and no tools are needed. Double-check the R3 motor doesn't get oil-starved at wheelie angles, remove tipover sensor, drop your rear psi and go nuts.

But it is just a 300. Gonna have issues eating clutches with rolling burnouts (easy to shim springs), 1st gear is useless unless you can roll a slooooow (like 15-25kph) balance point wheelie, and not the greatest aftermarket stunt part support. You'll want a sub cage/12 bar, probably new handlebars, handbrake bracket, better rear brake pads, etc.. 300 stunt bikes are kinda in-between the more often used groms/pitbikes and 600's.

But anything can stunt. More about skill than bike choice

edit: when you change your gearing, download a GPS speedometer and test your actual speed vs your speedo @ 100KPH. Mine is 16% off now!

Last edited:
...Really? i seen people stunt on r3 just fine, like what do you think about this guy. https://youtu.be/I9AjY08DDH8?t=376

There is also a guy on a Goldwing slaying the Dragon and a cop on a Harley, destroying an obstacle course.
You can cut your steak with a plastic knife if you choose to.

My point is, do you really want to invest money in something that's not the best for what you intend to do?

There's a reason stunters use certain motorcycles way more than others. With that said, no one is stopping you.

Back
Top Bottom