Building a custom chopper? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Building a custom chopper?

jewman22

Anybody here build a chopper from a Rolling Chassis by companies the likes of Ultima, Rolling Thunder, Maximum MetalWorks, or Motorcycle Enhancements?

Whats the process like, registering, insurance, pricing( looking to do it for less then 12K total) parts sourcing....

Anybody here build a chopper from a Rolling Chassis by companies the likes of Ultima, Rolling Thunder, Maximum MetalWorks, or Motorcycle Enhancements?

Whats the process like, registering, insurance, pricing( looking to do it for less then 12K total) parts sourcing....

I doubt 12k is realistic . The frame probably 2-3k . Rims 1-2k . The motor 3-4k . Plus all the other stuff break ect . My cost is on the cheap side . Most guys DIY go 25-30k plus .

Find out how you're going to register and insure this before committing to anything. What's the VIN going to be? Who is going to issue it? What's the ownership paperwork going to say? What's your insurance company going to think about all this?

I know of someone who built a bike using a US-sourced kit, and was never able to register it in Canada.

Transport Canada takes a dim view of all this. https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/motorvehiclesafety/tp-tp2436-rs200804-faq-689.htm

Find out how you're going to register and insure this before committing to anything. What's the VIN going to be? Who is going to issue it? What's the ownership paperwork going to say? What's your insurance company going to think about all this?

I know of someone who built a bike using a US-sourced kit, and was never able to register it in Canada.

Transport Canada takes a dim view of all this. https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/motorvehiclesafety/tp-tp2436-rs200804-faq-689.htm

Not sure what kit cars have to do with custom bikes . But I`m sure if you go on several custom bike forums you will get answers to these problems . I`m sure frame sellers will help you out with a vin or how to get registered .

Dont forget paint / powdercoat.
A good job will run you a few K's

Not sure what kit cars have to do with custom bikes . But I`m sure if you go on several custom bike forums you will get answers to these problems . I`m sure frame sellers will help you out with a vin or how to get registered .

It's a "vehicle". Same situation. But yes, you will have to ask these questions of people who have gone through this before. Make sure you are getting answers that pertain to Canada, and Ontario.

thanks, for the replies, I was looking a lot at the rolling chassis, as they seem to be between 5 and 6K, which would eliminate a whole lot work making sure the parts work together. But, maybe i'm just dreaming a little to much, maybe i'l stick with my Ducati for an extra year or so and save some extra coin.

Back
Top Bottom