Visor cam Toronto Indy - Bike or Car ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Visor cam Toronto Indy - Bike or Car ?

mstram

Almost looks like he's riding a bike, the amount his head tilts in the corners !

[video=youtube;TJHyBq_lz9o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJHyBq_lz9o[/video]

Cool angle.

Looks to be about time Toronto re-surfaced some of the roads used for the track if they're serious about keeping the race. That looked ridiculously bumpy and crappy in places for a premier street course.

Cool angle.

Looks to be about time Toronto re-surfaced some of the roads used for the track if they're serious about keeping the race. That looked ridiculously bumpy and crappy in places for a premier street course.

worse are the concrete/asphalt transitions.

$40 for a single day admission... Wow

I probably won't go

worse are the concrete/asphalt transitions.

I was gonna say probably looks worse than it is, but there's one transition that consistently kicks out the rear

It was a fun time as usual:

I don't know how many years we have been going now (my wife and I go and we bring my autistic brother-in-law for one of the days). For 3 tickets for 2 days plus parking we are all in for the price of a mid level Leaf's ticket. Beer garden, food trucks, people watching, and some great racing. Well worth it to me.

The Nascar race is always good and we have begun to pay more attention to the Indy Lights in recent years to see who will make the jump to Indy in the future. This was a great race and Kyle Kaiser needs to make the jump to Indy now. He has done everything he needs to do in the Lights.

The main race was fascinating because Dixon and Power made contact early on and it took Power out of the race and put Dixon way down and the best he could do was work his way back to 10th from 20th. Taking 2 of the top 5 drivers (in my opinion they are #1 and #2) totally changed the dynamics of the race. The mayor of Hinchtown raced a technically sound race and was able to open enough of a gap between himself and 4 that he could have done a late pit stop and still kept his position (12+ second lead over 4).

We will be back next year and the year after next. One of the best bangs for the $ and the drivers are very accessible if you wish to meet them. Even outside of the Paddock you will come across some of them around the grounds and they are all very fan friendly.

Next up is my wife and I attending some races in the U.S. for a weekend diversion.

This track is looking quite sad. What an embarrassment. Please fix it or move on.

In fact, move on anyway. The CNE grounds are a terrible place to watch a race. Outside food and drink not permitted, way too many rules, horrible sight lines. Why do folks go? I don't get it. I suspect many are once-a-year race fans. Grand stands are steadily being removed, I read somewhere last week that grand stand capacity is down to 13,000. What a joke. This event lost its lustre long ago and is no longer relevant in the city of Toronto.

Move this race to Mosport and let 'em rip! The place would be packed!
I'm obviously not a fan of the Honda Indy, but in their defense, forty bucks for a Sunday GA ticket is not unreasonable, though one is likely to see very little without a grand stand ticket. By comparison, a Sunday general admission ticket for the IMSA WeatherTech sports cars at Mosport last weekend was $50, but you get the run of the place and may bring as much food and beer as you like.

via Tapatalk

Yabut it's only $50 for a two-day ! (I did that a few years ago).

But there are only about 3 or 4 corners that you get a view of.

Half the track is behind buildings.

Really a crappy track for spectators.

And not that great for drivers / cars either.

I guess *someone* is making money from it :/

This track is looking quite sad. What an embarrassment. Please fix it or move on.

In fact, move on anyway. The CNE grounds are a terrible place to watch a race. Outside food and drink not permitted, way too many rules, horrible sight lines. Why do folks go? I don't get it. I suspect many are once-a-year race fans. Grand stands are steadily being removed, I read somewhere last week that grand stand capacity is down to 13,000. What a joke. This event lost its lustre long ago and is no longer relevant in the city of Toronto.

Move this race to Mosport and let 'em rip! The place would be packed!

I'm obviously not a fan of the Honda Indy, but in their defense, forty bucks for a Sunday GA ticket is not unreasonable, though one is likely to see very little without a grand stand ticket. By comparison, a Sunday general admission ticket for the IMSA WeatherTech sports cars at Mosport last weekend was $50, but you get the run of the place and may bring as much food and beer as you like.

+1E64 !

Outside food and drink - NOT EVEN WATER !

Just like the PGA (golf) tour events.

And I think they got rid of the ~two water stations they had a couple of years ago.

I went on Fri, ended up refilling my water bottle with warm-restroom-sink water !

+1E64 !

Outside food and drink - NOT EVEN WATER !

Just like the PGA (golf) tour events.

And I think they got rid of the ~two water stations they had a couple of years ago.

I went on Fri, ended up refilling my water bottle with warm-restroom-sink water !

Not true... We were there Saturday and Sunday. Tons of water refilling stations. One right in front of the Honda bridge before you go over. The one on the other side was not there this year. However, they had one near the grass area and another behind the left set of food trucks.

My wife brought outside food but they gave her a clearance for this because of her M.S. and the food restrictions she has now to keep it under control.

They should chill out on the outside food restrictions but I didn't care because I love food trucks!

For $70 I had a 3 day pass and a seat in the grandstands. Can't beat that for value.

Well there weren't any water stations on Fri when I was there.

I even asked one of the emergency personell if they knew where they were, and THEY didn't know !

Guess the "free folks" don't rate :/

Well there weren't any water stations on Fri when I was there.

I even asked one of the emergency personell if they knew where they were, and THEY didn't know !

Guess the "free folks" don't rate :/

Wow... Maybe they added them based on negative feedback. Or, they had them in bad spots?

Weird... They used to always have one near the Honda pavilion but they did not this year which was odd.

Back
Top Bottom