2017-07-15 Hwy 118 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017-07-15 Hwy 118

danp

Haliburton Highlands OPP have released an update about yesterday's multi-vehicle collision on Highway 118 between Trappers Trail and Essonville Line in Highlands East. Shortly after 5 p.m., an eastbound vehicle crossed the centre line into the west bound lane where it collided with four of seven motorcycles travelling westbound. Two people were killed, while two others received life-threatening injuries. The victims have not been identified. Traffic was diverted at Paynes Road East and Paynes Road West. Highway 118 was reopened in both directions following the Central Region Technical Collision Unit's investigation. Anyone with additional information about the accident is asked to contact Haliburton Highlands OPP at 1-888-310-1122.

https://www.facebook.com/TheHighlanderOnline/posts/1120196478115207

Last edited:
Re: Another fatal accident - Two dead riders

RIP

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Ugly. Condolences to all affected by this tragedy.

Tragic. RIP riders and GWS others.

Last edited:
Tragic. RIP riders and GWS others.

Re: 2 Riders dead, highway 118 Haliburton

Yes, and there are multiple threads for both. Admins, please fix this! Thanks.

Very tragic caused by an inattentive driver. Sickening!

RIP Riders and GWS other Riders/Passengers.

Last edited:
RIP riders

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Rip George and Shari.

From cp24.Com

Friends and family identified George Eliadis and Shari Williams as the two killed in a collision on Highway 118 near Haliburton on Saturday evening.

image.png

Never had a chance , so so sad ..... RIP ....
What are the odds the driver was distracted by something , like his/her cell phone ? This is a regular thing these days , unfortunately ....

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

RIP and GWS, we rode through there an hour earlier, totally sickening

Very sad news. I'm on this road many times throughout the summer and site lines are very good. It's a tragedy that a moment of inattentiveness or carelessness on the part of a driver can have such terrible consequences for so many.

Very sad news. I'm on this road many times throughout the summer and site lines are very good. It's a tragedy that a moment of inattentiveness or carelessness on the part of a driver can have such terrible consequences for so many.

Near guaranteed distracted texting. RIP.

Back
Top Bottom