WARNING For Those That Will Bundle Their Cars With Their Bike Insurance | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

WARNING For Those That Will Bundle Their Cars With Their Bike Insurance

X2 above. Black plates do not a commercial vehicle make in the eyes of insurance companies.

Using the vehicle as part of earning an income (aside from commuting) does.
in my experience, all pickup trucks have black plates.
i had a car and the ministry wouldnt transfer the plates to a s10, traded the s10 in on a jimmy and needed blue plates again...a few more cars then went to a truck and ive got black plates again.

a house painter, general contractor or whatever can drive a civic 2 door and have that as his company/work car, just because its not a truck doesnt mean its a personal use vehicle.

I put the sticker in the front. It makes no difference to me and didn't notice when i picked up the jeep. did a bit of research and it seemed irrelevant so i left it.
That's different (and stupid). Insurance company rates on use, they understand black plates mean nothing. No idea why Ontario requires commercial plates on trucks (especially considering 99% of them have nothing to do with commercial use). Do you put the validation sticker on the front plate as required or do you put it on the back? Do you have the personal use sticker on the front plate (again stupid)?

Back
Top Bottom