2017 Day trip photo sharing thread | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 Day trip photo sharing thread

WOW. thanks for the link. I had no idea how big it was going to be and how much is already constructed beyond what you can see from the road.

I'm definitely going to have a look at that soon. I might head out tomorrow for some more sights. Not sure where but there's some interesting battlefield stuff just over the border in NY State.

Neat, I had no idea it was lit with LED's like that.

Yesterday was a great day for riding. I couldn't stop yesterday I even went for a evening run down to Toronto Ports.
Starting to explore some of the spots suggested by PrivatePilot from that book.

The first picture was from Sun Oct 1 (Thomas Foster Memorial),
the second from Oct 3rd (The Sharon Temple).

001_10%20Oct%201%20Moto.jpg

002_10%20Oct%203%20Moto.jpg

Awesome, glad you're getting out and about. Was the Thomas Foster building open, and were you able to look inside? It was closed when I was there so I could only look from the street. It was one of the more interesting ones, although it looks oddly out of place out there in the middle of nowhere, but that's what the book is all about. ;)

Awesome, glad you're getting out and about. Was the Thomas Foster building open, and were you able to look inside? It was closed when I was there so I could only look from the street. It was one of the more interesting ones, although it looks oddly out of place out there in the middle of nowhere, but that's what the book is all about. ;)

Yes both places I was able to get inside and peek around. May post interior shots when I pull the photos from the camera.
Oddly enough at both locations I bumped into 2 different bands, one just wrapped up a performance and the other was shooting a music video (at Sharon Temple). Made the trips a little more interesting.

the thomas foster memorial is cool, I was told the entire place is built without wood, all out of stone, mostly marble, and concrete, we used it as King Carlo's place in a tv movie about 5 years ago....

PVC5.jpg

e8b5f6dbda3ae42ca6c4c2e250ab65a6.jpg

c6bfba1c56755af6be3d3d98c8519763.jpg

314b6fb8e732a3a6430589d9d3d8a8fe.jpg

Ripped down to Port Burwell today to see the HMCS Ojibwa submarine.

Also randomly stopped by this pet cemetary. Damn this must have cost a pretty penny!

75326f80208f0485ff129eb090adacf2.jpg

Last edited:
Visited the sub about 3 years ago while I was out that way as part of a horse haul - spent the night in town before picking up the horses the next morning and I took the opportunity to check it out. Definitely worth the visit.

Visited the sub about 3 years ago while I was out that way as part of a horse haul - spent the night in town before picking up the horses the next morning and I took the opportunity to check it out. Definitely worth the visit.

yeah it was pretty neat! the fence around it makes it a big unsightly for photos if you're trying to capture the whole thing, but the fact that its even there in the first place is pretty sweet. part of highway 52 was also pretty decent as well. i wasn't sure what the most scenic route from toronto would be.

Spent a few days exploring last week.Checked out the Deifenbunker outside Ottawa.Very much worth the time especially if you are a boomer.The fall colours in Algonquin were really good.But the highlite of the trip was going to see Screaming Heads near Burkes Falls.Amazing place! Got the t-shirt in the Deifenbunker.
PA050007_zpsevqo6tfm.jpg

PA070068_zpsyjrqfoe0.jpg

Here are some shots from the inside of the Foster Memorial, hopefully this doesn't spoil it for anyone wanting to go there.

004_oct1_moto_foster_memorial.jpg

005_oct1_moto_foster_memorial.jpg

009_oct1_moto_foster_memorial.jpg

Spent a few days exploring last week.Checked out the Deifenbunker outside Ottawa.Very much worth the time especially if you are a boomer.The fall colours in Algonquin were really good.But the highlite of the trip was going to see Screaming Heads near Burkes Falls.Amazing place! Got the t-shirt in the Deifenbunker.
Did you have dinner at the Swan?

Couple shots from last week's ride to Shanty Bay - Mud church

005_oct5_moto_shanty_bay.jpg

010_oct5_moto_shanty_bay.jpg

From this past Tuesday - West Montrose covered bridge, last one in Ontario

003_oct10_moto_west_montrose.jpg

008_oct10_moto_west_montrose.jpg

Back
Top Bottom