Northern Lights Sunday - get out there | GTAMotorcycle.com

Northern Lights Sunday - get out there

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Looks to be a big flare

Currently, NOAA's Space Weather Prediction Center is forecasting up to a G2 (moderate) geomagnetic storm for late Sunday night and early Monday morning. At that strength, the auroras are expected to stretch down over most of Canada, and should be visible between the Kp=5 (green) and Kp=7 (yellow) lines on the map below.

30235558751_4656677b1b_o.jpg

Almost wish I wasn't going to Ohio

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/n...day-night-thanks-to-bright-solar-flare/84103/

Damn, if I didn't have to get up early Monday I'd head up here for the evening.

as far north as you can with as little ambient light as possible...i.e. out of the city. Who knows, maybe it can be viewable from downtown.

Seriously? You can watch those anytime.

Napanee dark skies area is the furthest south in Ontario on highway 41. It's a reasonably long slog for you guys in the GTA but an hour for me. Might be worth heading out there.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of taking the kids to the Torrance Barrens as PP suggested, only a short drive for us. What time does this occur? Just anytime after dark or is this a 3am thing?

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of taking the kids to the Torrance Barrens as PP suggested, only a short drive for us. What time does this occur? Just anytime after dark or is this a 3am thing?

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

It's highly unpredictable unfortunately.

Sky is clear here in Ohio at 10 pm but I can see the fog coming in - not interested in navigating back roads at night in fog in an area buried in deer as I've seen northern lights a few times and once spectacularly in Iceland ....if I was at home tho I would hit the flying field.

Back
Top Bottom