Looking for Mobile motorcycle mechanic | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for Mobile motorcycle mechanic

Ninjaguy

Hi i'm new to the site and hoping to find someone who can come look at and hopefully repair my bike.Last year the carbs were cleaned and new battery installed.Now the bike wont start and there is a grinding noise when i try to start the bike..It is a 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250 with 3300 kms. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

Have you been riding the bike this year or is this your first time trying to get it going?

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

...Last year the carbs were cleaned and new battery installed.Now the bike wont start and there is a grinding noise when i try to start the bike..It is a 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250 with 3300 kms. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.
Probably needs the carbs done again, CV carburetors and old fuel don't mix, no surprise there. Grinding noise on a bike with only 3300 kms is a different matter, where have you been storing it, outdoors?
Is there any oil in it and how much water is in the oil? I would highly recommend you dump the oil into a clear glass container and examine it for water and or metal particles, why pay ~80+ bucks an hour for something that you can do yourself. If there is water in the engine there will also be water condensation inside the front forks. Won't start after being stored, check your air box there's about a 50% chance it's full of mouse nest.

Probably needs the carbs done again, CV carburetors and old fuel don't mix, no surprise there. Grinding noise on a bike with only 3300 kms is a different matter, where have you been storing it, outdoors?
Is there any oil in it and how much water is in the oil? I would highly recommend you dump the oil into a clear glass container and examine it for water and or metal particles, why pay ~80+ bucks an hour for something that you can do yourself. If there is water in the engine there will also be water condensation inside the front forks. Won't start after being stored, check your air box there's about a 50% chance it's full of mouse nest.

I'm mostly with you. Depending on OP's level of experience, I wouldn't be surprised if the grinding noise was actually a starter not properly engaging due to a dead battery. I know the battery was recently replaced, but that doesn't mean it's fully charged right now.

250 Ninjas are notoriously, chronically hard starting.
Assuming OP is not facing gummed up carbs (again), if the battery is not up to snuff or of poor quality it isn't going to go.
Drain the carbs, get the battery load tested and try again.
Its January, why not wait until spring - you planning on riding somewhere ?

found this guy, Kanes Mobile Motorcycle Repair

website is a mindboggling throwback to the early days on the net, worth a click just to see it

haha!! I just went back to 1996!

Nice to see some offering up advice to the OP, but my guess is he got it resolved back in 2017 .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice to see some offering up advice to the OP, but my guess is he got it resolved back in 2017 .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. I didnt even realize that this was a vampire thread raised by a non-paying advertiser.

So I guess we will never really know the source of the mysterious grinding sound?
:I suddenly feel slightly used and totally unfulfilled.

So I guess we will never really know the source of the mysterious grinding sound?
:I suddenly feel slightly used and totally unfulfilled.

Get over it, there will soon be new windmills to tilt at :)

Back
Top Bottom