is Sena 10c evo worth it? | GTAMotorcycle.com

is Sena 10c evo worth it?

olly

Hey so I'm interested in buying the sena 10c evo when it comes out. It looks like it'll be pretty good camera quality. Looking to for opinions. Thanks!

Looks good on a paper ... I would wait until some initial reviews appear on YT along with 10C video footage.

Looks good on a paper ... I would wait until some initial reviews appear on YT along with 10C video footage.

ya.. specs are good - waiting to see some reviews at 60fps.

only problem is battery life... I don't think they really did much to improve from the older model in that regard..

I own a 10c, the older version of the 10c evo. They need to fix things with the evo that the original fell short on. One is reliability. in 2 yrs I have had to exchange the unit twice, so once/yr basically and we only ride 8 or so months/yr. Sena has wonderful support, no questions asked but it would be nice to have a unit last a complete season. The first one, you could not upgrade the firmware, second one the battery capacity was shortened dramatically over a 5 month period.

The recording time, well its short if listening to music, paired to phone and video all working. So you either let it run for about an hour and a half then will stop recording or your are constantly turning it on and off at the moment you want to record. The evo should fix the issue of lining up the camera so its level via phone app, but I dont see how it adjusts horizontally.

Also I find the wind noise much louder with the camera attached to the helmet, the aerodynamics get messed up due to the camera and the wires that you plug into the camera that are exposed to the wind. Solved that with ear plugs.

Video quality is meh, its ok but not a gopro. The new evo will have better resolution, but its also how it produces colour/saturation/light etc. ear speakers are ok not the greatest same with the mic.

I also purchased the handlebar remote, you cant turn the camera on/off with it, just control music/phone.

Overall I am happy with the unit because it can do it all, video/photo/music/bluetooth/intercom/phone etc. Nothing else like that on the market. But it does not do anything amazingly well. But its a good compromise as opposed to separate Gopro or other camera, separate bluetooth communicator.

I wont upgrade until Sena attaches the unit without exposed wires like my old SMH 10 does. The camera supports the remote were you can turn on/off from remote. Battery life is 3+ hours with music/phone/video.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom