Multi vehicle discount | GTAMotorcycle.com

Multi vehicle discount

Ghostrider619

Is it possible to bundle my motorcycle with my parents auto/home insurance company to get a little bit of discount ? The bike ownership is in my name, my dad doesn't have a motorcycle license.

There is no standard rule regarding multi vehicle discount
Generally you get MVD (multi vehicle discount) for combining PPVs (Cars, SUV, Trucks). but there is a possibility some companies give you MVD irrespective of type of vehicle you insure with them.

Some companies give discount based on the vehicles in house hold. some companies only give discount if it they are owned by same owner or their spouse

No. Not when the vehicles are under different ownership...and especially as your parents aren't licensed. Ins. companies aren't stupid...just greedy.

No. Not when the vehicles are under different ownership...and especially as your parents aren't licensed. Ins. companies aren't stupid...just greedy.

I don't think that's true. My wife had her bikes and cars under her name and we still got a multi-vehicle "discount" (if 10% can be called a discount). I think they look at the address where all the vehicles are registered.

Is it possible to bundle my motorcycle with my parents auto/home insurance company to get a little bit of discount ? The bike ownership is in my name, my dad doesn't have a motorcycle license.

There is a huge BUT that goes with these answers. For some reason, there are some insurance companies that will give you a better rate along these lines, but it's not a multi-vehicle discount - it's a family discount. I swear I'm not making this up. Wawanesa used to do it, there is at least one company that does it now but unfortunately I can't remember it at the moment. I know it's one of the companies that Duliban Insurance are brokers for, but that's kind of a long list

I don't think that's true. My wife had her bikes and cars under her name and we still got a multi-vehicle "discount" (if 10% can be called a discount). I think they look at the address where all the vehicles are registered.

Spouses can bundle. I had multiple vehicles under the same policy but "owned" by separate spouses. Parents and children or siblings(as far as owned separately) can't..even at the same address. Though if you have multiple vehicles and there are other licensed drivers in the household, they count against you. Whatever is in favour of the ins. companies. At least it used to be.

and when something happens and the ins. co. sees OP is the primary user, not his father and refuses claim?

...and shouldn't you be busy with your blog?????

and when something happens and the ins. co. sees OP is the primary user, not his father and refuses claim?

Does ownership = primary driver?

I could have two cars under my ownership and my wife be the primary on one, without transferring the ownership to her. You should be able to designate anyone to be the primary/secondary driver if everyone lived in the same household, regardless of who is listed on the ownership papers. Then the most at-risk driver on the policy dictates the premium.

Funny thing is the owner and primary driver of my 2 cars at the time were swapped. With spouses, it doesn't matter....for the most part. Ownership and use is mixed into one. Only difference was MC insurance when one was older than the other at the magic age. Transferred the bike into my name and excluded the other from driving it...got lower insurance rate.

With parent and child it's charged at the highest risk usually.

I am not saying I wanna be listed secondary or occasional rider, I want to be the primary rider of my motorcycle. My dad wont be riding the motorcycle at all. I was just wondering if I can get the multi vehicle discount with my parents insurance company if I decide to switch from my company to theirs & bundle up since I live in the same house hold.

With insurance for motorcycle being so high, I wanted to save as much as I can lol.

I was just wondering if I can get the multi vehicle discount with my parents insurance company if I decide to switch from my company to theirs & bundle up since I live in the same house hold.

Unless you get an answer from someone who actually works for an insurance company, you're just going to get conjecture and (un)educated guesses here. Best just to pick up the phone and call.

+1 Since you aren't trying to get around the system and just want to see if you can get a good rate, just call them up and ask. I have a feeling you can't be on their policy unless you are a full dependent.

With Allstate I got a discount when I moved in with my girlfriend and her parents while our new home closes and I can do some of the reno's. You have to be at the same address and actually living there. Once we move into our new home those discounts will disappear.

we are all with the same company, my girlfriend is moving over to Allstate in a few months at the time it was just my folder and the GF's parents folder at Allstate. I dunno, but i was happy to save 30 or so bucks a month even for a few months while we reno.

Back
Top Bottom