Thinking of used Hayabusa - Insure it | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thinking of used Hayabusa - Insure it

Iamnotreallyme

Hi all,

Just stumbled upon this board. I'm thinking of trading my 2011 BMW F800R for either a hayabusa or an FJR, but I think I think I want the hayabsua well, because it's a hayabusa. The BMW has been a very good bike for 5 years but I'm looking for a bot more excellent.
I haven't been able to get a hold of my SF agent and I think they told me they only go by displacement and not the type of the bike it is. We have 2 cars and my bike and our home insurance on our policy and my bike insurance is really nothing at the moment but wonder what will happen to it if I get 1300cc bike. Hope they still do bigger bikes since they got taken over by the other company. 35 y/o female with 0 tickets ever. I guess I could look around but would really like to keep everything under one roof.

Thanks

@Iamnotreallyme if you want dm me and I will send you my SF agent's office number. Tell them I sent you and you will get a quote asap.
As far as getting insured goes, all the rules changed recently so it's all a guessing game w/o talking to an agent.
Fwiw, I wanted to keep all my insurance together, but for the new rate of 1/3 what I was paying for my bike, I left SF.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

I haven't been able to get a hold of my SF agent and I think they told me they only go by displacement and not the type of the bike it is.

SF's automotive business is now Certas/Dejardins and I'm pretty sure they care about more than just displacement. With its full fairing, clip-ons and, well, notoriety, the GSX1300R is likely going to be considered a supersport and priced accordingly.

I'm with "SF" and also have 2 cars, house and two bikes with them; on my 1100 I pay just over a grand a year. But I'm pretty sure they see it quite differently than what the industry terms "supersport" so if I were you I'd prepare to be unpleasantly shocked.

I guess I could look around but would really like to keep everything under one roof.

Thanks

Talk to your agent before mucking around. With your age (sorry...), gender, history, having other things with them etc maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised instead.

I'm with Statefarm for everything but the bike, their stance on Supersport bikes is laughable at best unfortunately. You mention any bike in that category and your agent will probably crawl under the table.

Years ago they were the company to go with for cheap rates, but with the "insurance changes" in the past few years and having been taken over by Certas, they have actively black listed anything in that category. My agent described it best "if you are leaned over, you won't want a quote", they weren't lying.

I picked up an 03 busa in the spring after my insurance company said that they would do $90 a month. when i got the bike and called them they all of a sudden flipped and said it was about $300 a month. (apparently the girl i was dealing with got fired for bad quotes). I'm 31, with full M and one speeding ticket. I pay $68 a month through Allstate. My original quote with allstate was $110 but my broker seemed to really want my business and got it dropped.

I picked up an 03 busa in the spring after my insurance company said that they would do $90 a month. when i got the bike and called them they all of a sudden flipped and said it was about $300 a month. (apparently the girl i was dealing with got fired for bad quotes). I'm 31, with full M and one speeding ticket. I pay $68 a month through Allstate. My original quote with allstate was $110 but my broker seemed to really want my business and got it dropped.
Hey, how long have you had continuous motorcycle insurance ? Wondering if that's a factor in the low rate that you're paying for a busa. I was quoted $8k per year lol ... Haven't hit 30 yet.

Sent from my LG-D852 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Hey, how long have you had continuous motorcycle insurance ? Wondering if that's a factor in the low rate that you're paying for a busa. I was quoted $8k per year lol ... Haven't hit 30 yet.

Sent from my LG-D852 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I've had insurance on a bike since the day i turned 25. From what i know if you stop insurance for any reason you start from scratch again.

Thanks. You're correct, only continuous years of insurance counts. Any gaps will reset the history.

For most companies this is correct, there's a few out there that will give credit for previous riding history after a gap (Allstate + TD), not sure of any others.

Thanks. You're correct, only continuous years of insurance counts. Any gaps will reset the history.

This myth never dies: https://www.fsco.gov.on.ca/en/auto/autobulletins/archives/Pages/a-06_97.aspx Some companies give you DISCOUNTS for continuous insurance (particularly continuous with one insurer) but it's not allowed to affect the base rating. Frankly they're getting around the spirit of the law while obeying the letter of it, but I digress.

OP: Hayabusas and FJRs are treated very differently by insurers, even though they're not so different on the sport/sport-touring/touring scale. FJR will be quite reasonable compared to the Hayabusa.

Until June of this year I owned a 08 hayabusa (since new). I can tell you that it's very difficult to get insurance on it and even harder to get reasonable rates. Part of the reason I didn't buy another hayabusa after this one went to bike heaven. There were a few times when I thought I'd not be able to ride it any longer (when state farm was sold) do to the stupid black list insurance companies have.

I had a hayabusa for years and sold it recently. I am not a youngin and I bundle my insurance products to take the smallest hit.

It is still way too much for our riding season.

Good luck with the insurance under 30

IMG_0270.JPG

BB

Well,FJR it is. For the busa, SF Wants $340 per month and $117 for the FJR. I'm a bit sad but first world problems really and the FJR has all the bells and whistles and hard cases. Hope I'll find it powerful enough ???

This myth never dies: https://www.fsco.gov.on.ca/en/auto/autobulletins/archives/Pages/a-06_97.aspx Some companies give you DISCOUNTS for continuous insurance (particularly continuous with one insurer) but it's not allowed to affect the base rating. Frankly they're getting around the spirit of the law while obeying the letter of it, but I digress.

OP: Hayabusas and FJRs are treated very differently by insurers, even though they're not so different on the sport/sport-touring/touring scale. FJR will be quite reasonable compared to the Hayabusa.

And the devil is in the details. This outlines auto insurance. Motorcycles are a different kettle of fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom