Omni-Cruise tips | GTAMotorcycle.com

Omni-Cruise tips

slowbird

Anyone use an Omni-cruise?

I got one after reading all the positive reviews but it doesn't hold the speed steady on my bike. Even with the tension screw tightened as far/tight as it'll go.

I tried it with the included band and without. No difference.

Last edited:
I had an Omni-cruise on my CBR250, the thing is essentially a throttle lock. It locks the throttle at a fixed position, it doesn't account for changes in incline or increased wind resistance among many other small things that affect a vehicle's speed. If you've ever driven an older car that has drive-by-cable (where the gas pedal is directly connected to the throttle body) you will notice when you have cruise control engaged the gas pedal will move up and down slightly as you're driving. A vehicle equipped with a real cruise control will have a module that determines the vehicle's speed and adjusts the throttle accordingly to keep the set speed.

On my current bike I decided to use a cheapo generic brand throttle lock, does exactly the same thing as the Omni-cruise. If it gets stolen like my Omni-cruise I'm only out $5, instead of $40+ that I paid for the brand name throttle lock.

I know what the Omni-cruise does. :rolleyes:

My issue is that it doesn't do what it's supposed to do cause it doesn't lock the throttle. On the most level roads the throttle slips and the bike slows down.

I'm looking to see if anyone has any tips on how to make the blasted thing hold better.

Last edited:
Nice. Good idea, thanks.

I don't know if it's the thickness that's the issue, or the grips just don't have enough traction but I'll give this a try.
Could try a band of black hockey tape instead. That should provide plenty of grip, and is cheaper than the 3M stuff from Home Depot.

Yeah, I might try grip tape. I just have to be careful that it still slides enough to roll off and "disengage" the throttle lock.

Last edited:
Yeah, I might try grip tape. I just have to be careful that it still slides enough to roll off and "disengage" the throttle lock.
Yeah, I would still put the provided rubber band over the grip tape so that the contact friction material is still the same. Essentially just trying to fatten the bar/grip a bit under the rubber band to slightly increase the friction to the point of not releasing due to simple vibration.

Are you sure you got the correct size? 7/8" not 1 "?

the 1" will slip.

You can build up the grip to work. old bicycle tires might provide some good material.

One reason I switched to the GoCruise 2 - the adjustment wheel

s-l1000.jpg

You can also try a bit of grippy tape on the arm of the device itself

Macdoc, the Omni-cruise is adjustable also. It uses a knob to tighten it instead of a wheel like the go cruise.

Back
Top Bottom