minor scratch | GTAMotorcycle.com

minor scratch

joey12jet1

https://youtu.be/POgDxvHyWds

I had an incident this afternoon. Is this 100% my fault or 50/50 with the car in front of me?
I think I will just pay the guy's car repair. we did not call the police.

I know a lot of guys here are good in these kinds of threads.

Nope. Not your fault. He/She wondered into your lane. Do not pay a single penny. You should be compensated for any damage to your bike.

Then sue for mental suffering. Oh wait a minute. You are not in America.

Perhaps ask Trudeau to simple send money. Make an excuse about something or other. (Just trying to ease your tension)

other driver made an improper lane change. There wasn't 2 left turn lanes, so you didn't make a proper left turn either. You were in his blind spot. Basically passing on the right.

Last edited:
Tough call...both of you were in the wrong on this one...but he was more in the wrong because he actually turned into you. Although from the looks of it the advance was fairly slow so did you not have enough time to slow down? Or did you not want to let him into the lane?

I wouldn't pay the guy a dime, he changed lanes into you....you took a wide approach which isn't right, but you were in that lane first when he changed lanes.

other driver made an improper lane change. There wasn't 2 left turn lanes, so you didn't make a proper left turn either. You were in his blind spot. Basically passing on the right.
Yeah i know i was in the wrong lane. Just trying to make the turn.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Tough call...both of you were in the wrong on this one...but he was more in the wrong because he actually turned into you. Although from the looks of it the advance was fairly slow so did you not have enough time to slow down? Or did you not want to let him into the lane?

I wouldn't pay the guy a dime, he changed lanes into you....you took a wide approach which isn't right, but you were in that lane first when he changed lanes.
I know i was in the wrong lane. I tried to make the turn thats why I was wide. But maybe if I can provide him the video he will say 50/50?

Nope. Not your fault. He/She wondered into your lane. Do not pay a single penny. You should be compensated for any damage to your bike.

Then sue for mental suffering. Oh wait a minute. You are not in America.

Perhaps ask Trudeau to simple send money. Make an excuse about something or other. (Just trying to ease your tension)
Dont pay any penny? I gave him my insurance and driver's licence's picture. Am I in trouble if he proceed to claim?

I got his plate and driver's licence as well

50/50 of what? Your car probably has damage, his car has damage...pay your own damages and walk away. Go through insurance you're both going to pay for it. Choose your poison.

How big is the increase in my premium if the guy was stupid enough to go through ins?

Who knows. In all fairness it seems to be 50-50.....but from what I remember from fault determination, he might be at fault from the point of contact(his side and your front quarter). ....without the video to show your path.

Should I send the video to my ins co. And tell them if in case the guy claim in his insurance?

Can I claim the damage in my insurance if they say its the other guys fault? Can I cancel the claim if they say its my fault?

If the cops weren't present and you didn't go to a reporting center, it may be up to the ins. to determine fault. Not sure the video is gonna help your case...except the very last part after the turn.

Should I tell my insurance before the other car reports it to colision center?

comments are enough, don't need to watch the video, and I see it's gone
both of you are guilty of failing to report an accident
the exchange of DL and insurance routine is ancient, is not done anymore

after an accident you call the cops, if no injury or serious damage they tell you to go to reporting centre
info is collected there by officers and you are provided a report number
then you call insurance Co and provide report number and describe the incident

now you're gonna have to play along with what the other party wants or the police will likely be called
and you'll be in jeopardy of eating a charge as well as an insurance claim

be reasonable, accept your share of blame and pay the guy
the other way will be grief and $$

The lane-change sideswipe is the fault of the driver changing lanes, but I think this is overshadowed by the fact you did an illegal left turn (from a straight-through lane) and the collision happened shortly thereafter.

I suspect if police were called, you would have received a careless-driving charge and this charge and then a different section of the fault determination rules would apply - putting you at 100% at-fault.

I'm assuming your left turn was illegal though. Maybe I'm mistaken.

The lane-change sideswipe is the fault of the driver changing lanes, but I think this is overshadowed by the fact you did an illegal left turn (from a straight-through lane) and the collision happened shortly thereafter.

I suspect if police were called, you would have received a careless-driving charge and this charge and then a different section of the fault determination rules would apply - putting you at 100% at-fault.

I'm assuming your left turn was illegal though. Maybe I'm mistaken.
Agree 100%. You turned left from the straight through lane, if you were behind him where you were supposed to be turning from he wouldn't have hit you.
Not sure how others see it as 50/50.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom