minor scratch | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

minor scratch

As the Video has been taken down. I was under the impression that there where 2 left turn lanes. In which case it was the other drivers fault 100%.
However, if you where supposed to go straight through and instead you turned left where you should have proceeded straight through. You are 100% in the wrong.
OP. Please explain. Thank you.

I'll agree that it is your fault and just trying to make the turn isn't a valid argument. Plus looks like you could have been in his blind spot. He may not have been able to see you but you very clearly could see him. Played chicken and lost.

If he has your insurance number and name then most likely it has already been noted in someone's system. That insurance company should be contacting yours.

We both already made the turn. We were both past intersection. He went into my lane to pass the van in front of him. He has no signal on, i was on my horn, he still proceed to take my lane.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

We both already made the turn. We were both past intersection. He went into my lane to pass the van in front of him. He has no signal on, i was on my horn, he still proceed to take my lane.

Was there a single or double left turn lane(s)? Yes or no.

Looked to me like there was a single left turn lane. First vehicle proceeded into the correct (left) lane,
second proceeded into the incorrect (right) lane, and tried to pass on the right,
as the first vehicle was moving over to the right as you're supposed to do after turning.

First guy should have let the second pass when he saw him accelerating, Second should have let the first pull in when he saw him coming.

Both should feel foolish for letting it happen.

Edit: Pass seemed awful close to the intersection. Best to wait and see if the guy will pull over before trying to go around him. Sounds like the motivation was to get ahead to pass the third vehicle.

Last edited:

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I still think you made the first error, second was his. He didn't expect you to be there. Yes he should have checked and maybe he did (from the direction he expected traffic to come from).

Either way you lose

But OP didn't turn from the single left turn lane - he turned from the lane to the right of the left turn lane (double left turn). First car making legal left turn may not have expected OP to be coming up right behind to the right of him.

Single left turn lane, OP was behind the other car and then went to the right half way thru the turn and was lined up for the right lane just after the crosswalk. Other driver made a right and made contact. Though if someone was making a right, they would have been in the same position as the OP. Though, if someone is coming over, it's best to just let them. Getting a half car length ahead isn't worth an accident.

the exchange of DL and insurance routine is ancient, is not done anymore

It surely is. Do not leave the scene without exchanging information.

after an accident you call the cops, if no injury or serious damage they tell you to go to reporting centre
info is collected there by officers and you are provided a report number
then you call insurance Co and provide report number and describe the incident

I was involved in a minor two vehicle accident last year. I was advised by the collision reporting center that a report is not required when there are no injuries and damage is less than $2000. My insurance company wasn't concerned with a report. The other party was found 100% at fault and I received a big, fat cheque.

via Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom