How's this for an ebike | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How's this for an ebike

You know removing the pedals is the first thing that everyone who buys one of these does the second They get it home. I wouldn't be surprised that the dealers themselves are pulling them off for that matter.

Here's a clearer picture:

1239957a97ba7532f7100c904099d1e9.jpg

So what existing bike(s) did they modify/cobble together to make this. Looks like a Yamaha Fazer fairing but the frame is 125 or 250-ish. Couple of now-unused engine mount brackets down near the rear wheel, under the swing-arm pivot...

Mopeds round two?

Ok so that pic is from Cara Motorsports. They sell a bunch of Chinese motor and electric vehicles. They are about 10 mins from me. Think I may see if they have one that I can take for a boot. For ghits and siggles.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

I generally hate scooter style e-bikes and the people who ride them when they do not understand the rules of the road, etc.
But motorcycle style e-bikes are a neat little toy. I tried one out (Grom style) and it really was fun to boot around on.

A lot of the marketing pictures will show the bike without the pedals. If you get caught by the cops without working pedals (or de-restricted) though, you will be hit with a huge fine (driving un-registered motor vehicle, no insurance, etc.)

The rear sprocket is telling. It looks like it is smaller than the front sprocket, wherever that is on the bike

Last edited:
I generally hate scooter style e-bikes and the people who ride them when they do not understand the rules of the road, etc.
But motorcycle style e-bikes are a neat little toy. I tried one out (Grom style) and it really was fun to boot around on.

Great for an actual motorcyclist to boot around on and have fun, sure...but we all know who will be riding these - not motorcyclists, but the DUI crowd and the "I always wanted a cool looking sportbike but can't afford insurance" crowd, the latter with ZERO training. Blocking position? What's that. Hand signals? Yeah, no idea!

Anyhow, I got a response from the guy.

hi yes it has pedals speed is 32k range is 55k you can come to are show room to see them address 61
unit 2 woodbridge ontario

BusaBob has a point, these won't be DUI specials because of their price compared to those flimsy e-bike scooters. Also, hard to imagine anyone getting their motorcycle mojo on at 32km/h.

But what will the stereotypical customer be then? My guess is little rich kids who figure they'll move up to a litre bike when they're 16.

Whatever the case, I still hate this new category of vehicle that doesn't play well with cyclists or cars, created by poorly thought out legislation that was intended to make cycling a bit more appealing proposition.

That guy has 125cc dirt bikes for $799. At that price, you could buy one every year and throw it away in the fall.

That guy has 125cc dirt bikes for $799. At that price, you could buy one every year and throw it away in the fall.

If it makes it to the fall. Some of the overseas junk being sold in NA are like Bic lighters - when they run out of gas, you throw them away.

My Newphew had one of those cheap Chinese kids-sized quads a few years ago - just one problem after another - wiring issues (most of the electrical didn't work), engine never ran right, brakes were a joke, etc etc.

I tell you, the rest of the e-bike owners lined up for the beer store to open are going to be GREEN with jealousy!

Back
Top Bottom