How's this for an ebike | GTAMotorcycle.com

How's this for an ebike

LOL .... ****** No License, No Insurace, just over the age of 16 with helmet! ******

"[FONT=&quot]This scooter has an High power motor mounted in the wheel[/FONT]", I wonder why it still has a chain? Good point about the pedals, thought that was one of the things needed to keep one of these considered an e-bike?

It's not an ebike if it doesn't have pedals, or if it goes over 32km/h on electric power, or if the motor outputs more than 500W.

That's $2900 to look like a fool as quickly as possible before your vehicle gets impounded.

"This scooter has an High power motor mounted in the wheel", I wonder why it still has a chain? Good point about the pedals, thought that was one of the things needed to keep one of these considered an e-bike?

I think the "rearsets" *are* pedals, which are connected to the front sprocket. The hub-mounted motor electrically "assists" the pedal power, but is probably doing 100% of the work. So the pedals are there just to stay MTO legal.

Funny, I was going to post about this exact bike.

When I was at the Oshawa lakefront for Canada150 fireworks on Canada Day we saw one of these ride right down to the waterfront. On the grass and pedestrian walkways, with a passenger on the back... :rolleyes:

Anyhow, typical eBike idiocy aside, it LOOKED like a real motorcycle from 20 feet away - honestly, it was near impossible to tell what it was, but I had to go and look because it was so quiet I couldn't believe it was actually an eBike. Of course, it was - I forget the brand (one of the more common ebike brands) and of course it had the obligatory "E-Bike" licence plate thing on the back that was surely designed to fend off the police.

The lines are getting very blurred between ebikes and real motorcycles, I agree. I have my doubts that this one actually legally adheres to ebike limitations and is just another step along the abuse of the ebike laws - no insurance, no plate, no licence.

FWIW I just sent the seller an inquiry through Kijiji asking if it had pedals, it's top speed, and range. Lets see what the reply is.

I doubt the Fiberals, will have an issue with this "vehicle" given their "green" stance on things.

I'd like to see the accident and injury stats. They probably aren't even compiled. Most e-bike riders seem to rely on other road users avoiding them for safety. Lots of them here in midtown Toronto. The headlights/tail lights are often nonfunctional, or extremely weak. They take risks that even the dumbest squid would balk at. I've witnessed a few near-crushings between buses and trucks.

I suppose we will have to wait for the bodies to start piling up before anything happens (as usual).

Last edited:
I think the "rearsets" *are* pedals, which are connected to the front sprocket. The hub-mounted motor electrically "assists" the pedal power, but is probably doing 100% of the work. So the pedals are there just to stay MTO legal.
I don't see pedals or a chain.

1-2.jpg

I doubt the Fiberals, will have an issue with this "vehicle" given their "green" stance on things.

Ultimately the laws are the laws, I don't think LEO's care a whole lot about government policy besides what the law books currently say, no?

Given the slippery slope these sorts of bikes are now presenting versus the spirit of the e-bike laws I think it's just a matter of time before a crackdown occurs once this ends up on the proper person's radar, either through complaints, or more likely a major accident.

Given is how they are pretty much flagrantly disregarding the laws now so far as the limited speed and such, how long before some dumbass takes one of these on the 401 and ends up splattered when the high quality Chinese mechanical workmanship fails and a wheel falls off, or the brakes fail, or the electronics suddenly die in an active lane?

Motor is mounted in the rear hub? Man, that's got be a lot of unsprung weight.

The one iceman posted has peddles , they are barely visible and would be almost impossible to use, but they are there. Looked at it today .

The lines on what is 'legit' in this category just got a whole lot blurrier. and its really just a matter of time till some high school engineering whiz makes this thing do 90kph. The provincial gov't crapped the bed on legislation with e bikes

The one iceman posted has peddles , they are barely visible and would be almost impossible to use, but they are there. Looked at it today .

The lines on what is 'legit' in this category just got a whole lot blurrier. and its really just a matter of time till some high school engineering whiz makes this thing do 90kph. The provincial gov't crapped the bed on legislation with e bikes

IIRC, there are shops that already de-restrict/modify e-bikes. 70 kph top speed was claimed in one case.

That's because that's not the ebike we're talking about:

This is the ebike in question:

$_27.PNG

$_27.PNG
Same company, same specs, same hardware presumably.

I still don't see pedals but it wouldn't be surprising if they deliberately obscured them for photos. Shady, in more ways than one.

Emmo makes some bikes too that look like the real thing. And theyre canadian (whatever that may mean)

I know the OPP made a video a few years back about ebikes, you can find it on youtube. Lists the laws, regulations about it, quite informative

Back
Top Bottom