Sunday July 15 - Calabogie | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sunday July 15 - Calabogie

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
Saturday July 15 - Calabogie

On Saturday July 15, I'm planning to head out for a long ride up to Calabogie and hitting up lots of the best roads northeast of Peterborough, including Northey's Bay, Lower Faraday, Elephant Lake, 508, 511, South Lavant, 509, and much more.

Start: Leaving Mississauga at 6am. I'm open to meeting up along the way if anyone is interested to join.
Meeting Spot: Port Hope for 7:30am - https://goo.gl/maps/ysbvikK98tH2 - This is at the Tim Hortons and there is a Petro Canada gas station close by for fuel.
Finish: Port Perry Tim's for around 6:30pm. I expect to be back in Mississauga around 8pm. It will be a long day, but I take a break every 2 hours or so.
Lunch: I'll pack a lunch & snacks and take breaks beside lakes & rivers or something nice and scenic, to save time from long sit down stops.
Pace: I ride responsible on the straights, respectful in small towns and fun in the corners. I ride a V-Strom 650.
Route: https://goo.gl/maps/pNa2fAEH2zt - this is what I have in mind right now. Should be around 1000km give or take and only paved roads.

Note: This isn't a ride for new riders as there are a good number of twisty roads, some which may have sand or gravel or bumps on them. This isn't a ride for hooligans as I want to keep my license. This will be a long day - know your limit, ride within it!

If anyone is interested, post up or PM.
Cheers!

Last edited:
Thanks - I was going to do it a few weeks ago, but it was raining pretty good so I skipped it.
Hopefully the weather cooperates this weekend!

Will try and get out that way tomorrow, from the other direction.

Not sure that I can meet up though.

What time will you hit a rest break near Calabogie?

I'm thinking we should be there sometime around 11am?

Edit:
Probably between 11:30-12pm - in Madoc now.

Last edited:
I got there for 11, Both phone and GPS were having issues, so I couldn't post on GTAM at the time. Ended up eventually riding up White Lake Road and back home. Maybe next time. :D

Back
Top Bottom