BEST repair WORST delivery | GTAMotorcycle.com

BEST repair WORST delivery

Xhumeka

I snapped this from Home Depot @ Billy Bishop/401... man I consistently LOL at what I see leaving Home Depot parking lots...

wAxeDwV.png

What's the best/worst you've seen?

Had to this once. Had a piece of 4x8 plywood sawed in half and thought for sure it'll fit in my car. Nope. Put it on top of the roof and did exactly what that guy is doing. Luckily I live 3 minutes away from HD and took my time getting there.

NO strapping at all????

None that I could see....

Had to this once. Had a piece of 4x8 plywood sawed in half and thought for sure it'll fit in my car. Nope. Put it on top of the roof and did exactly what that guy is doing. Luckily I live 3 minutes away from HD and took my time getting there.

I mean, we've all been somewhere _similar_ to that, but I didn't have a huge advertisement on my vehicle claiming to be the "BEST" installer ;)

Saw this one at HD a few years ago. All of the lumber in the half ton was removed from the rental truck already. HD rental truck has an alarm when you overload it (no idea if the alarm actually kills the truck or just sounds annoying). I have no idea what they were thinking and I am glad they weren't building something for me, I have no faith in their ability to make something that doesn't fall down.

Part of me wanted to follow them to see if the poor ford made it. By my calculations, that's something like 6000 lbs of lumber in a half ton.

88kRmER.jpg

Last edited:
meh...blew the suspension overloading a minivan before. Good thing it was on it's last legs anyways.

If that had slipped off the roof of the van in the op and killed a rider, everyone here would be calling for the guys head. It doesn't matter if you live 3 minutes away. Anyone caught doing this needs some common sense slapped into them.

Riding north on Cedar Springs near Dundas and I see a bunch of sofa cushions on the road, still wrapped in factory plastic. Someone was saving delivery charges on their new furniture.

If I was in the cage I would have taken one cushion just in case the owners backtracked to find their stuff, just to mess with their heads.

Why do people tie crap to the roof of their car with string and then take a 400 series highway at 40 Kph to get home? Sorry, I forgot. Using four way flashers negates stupidity.

Not a road hazard but an electrician told me he once was given a sign to mount on a retaining wall. When he drilled into the wall he hit an embedded cable. Then he read the sign which said:

EMBEDDED CABLES - DO NOT DRILL WALL

Back
Top Bottom