Can I borrow some of your spare R6 parts for a track day Please? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can I borrow some of your spare R6 parts for a track day Please?

Rob Star

Mall Santa
Site Supporter
Ive got an O8 R6 Ive just converted to track.

It needs a stator, and it needs an exhaust or a cat eliminator pipe. I cant get my belly pan on with the OEM CAT.

I have these parts on order. The stator, who knows when it will show up as its on back order, and the CAT delete pipe, has been ordered a week ago and still no shipping notice.

Id like to test n tune my bike at Cayuga this weekend before a long drive to calabogie at the end of the month.

Is there anyone here willing to help a brotha out with this ? Ill compensate you if need be. I Missed all of June, I dont want to miss most of July without at least getting a feel for the bike.

Thank you kindly guys.

Last edited:
Ive got an O8 R6 Ive just converted to track.

It needs a stator, and it needs an exhaust or a cat eliminator pipe. I cant get my belly pan on with the OEM CAT.

I have these parts on order. The stator, who knows when it will show up as its on back order, and the CAT delete pipe, has been ordered a week ago and still no shipping notice.

Id like to test n tune my bike at Cayuga this weekend before a long drive to calabogie at the end of the month.

Is there anyone here willing to help a brotha out with this ? Ill compensate you if need be. I Missed all of June, I dont want to miss most of July without at least getting a feel for the bike.

Thank you kindly guys.
If you pull the unecessary fuses your bike should be good to go with a fully charged battery - maybe recharge the battery again at lunch. Sooo put the stator aside and run total loss electrical for the day. As for the belly pan, you could remove it for the day?

not really the suggestions I was anticipating. Better than nothing I suppose. I REALLY need to ride this bike before bogie. Im in panic mode.

If full loss ignition is good for more than a session why doesn't every track rider (with a dedicated bike) pull their stators to save weight/rotating mass/hp loss?

If full loss ignition is good for more than a session why doesn't every track rider (with a dedicated bike) pull their stators to save weight/rotating mass/hp loss?

Also not legal in CSBK and adds just one more thing to the giant list of things to deal with at the track.

you can have a machinist remove metal from the flywheel/rotor to lighten it, and still have the charging functional. Depending on the bike, 1-2 hp is all you will gain at best, though revs will pickup quicker. The results are negligible for a TD rider, but it would help a racer to maybe get an edge..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom