Opinion on RXV450? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Opinion on RXV450?

DemonPig

Do not cast your pearls before swine
Site Supporter
Looking for input from RXV450 owners. Positives/Negatives?

All I could find is that there are some engine seal issues on early models and fork issues, also on isolated models.

Sounds like the range is very short with a 7l tank as well.

Service intervals seem short but they were seemingly improved for 2008?

Last edited:
I've ridden one once, the thing is a beast! However I wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole. My friend had zero luck with the engine in that bike.
Not much but it's the only first hand knowledge I have.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Yeah, the more I dig up about it, the scarier it gets. Strong and beautiful seem to come with a hefty burden.

I'm just getting frustrated with limited (decent priced) options in the dual sport market.
10 year old DRZs being posted for a $1,000 less than brand new, etc.

I thought maybe Aprilia wouldn't be too bad, especially that there's a dealer not far from me (for parts).
I do all the standarf maintenance myself but rebuilding engines is beyond my skill.

Yeah, the more I dig up about it, the scarier it gets. Strong and beautiful seem to come with a hefty burden.

I'm just getting frustrated with limited (decent priced) options in the dual sport market.
10 year old DRZs being posted for a $1,000 less than brand new, etc.

I thought maybe Aprilia wouldn't be too bad, especially that there's a dealer not far from me (for parts).
I do all the standarf maintenance myself but rebuilding engines is beyond my skill.

I've met a couple guys who had them and regretted it. They both described them as grenades with the pin pulled and a faulty fuse. It's gonna blow; we just don't know when. Having said that, perhaps there were updates etc. over the years that fixed it, but I wouldn't take the chance.

There seems to be a lot of KTM 690 exc's on Kijiji right now, (the bike I should have bought) ranging in price from 7K and up. If I can sell my 530 I may start looking for one, which of course means they'll become as rare as hens teeth.

Back
Top Bottom