Recommendations on bar end mirrors? Brand name or eBay? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recommendations on bar end mirrors? Brand name or eBay?

stickman88

Looking to try bar end mirrors on the bike. I know there are a ton of selection of eBay but I would rather get something that somebody has used on their bikes that doesn't vibrate or break after a year.

I.pefer this type of style because it faces up so I don't have to look even more down and also it seems like it will show more than the typical circles ones. : http://m.ebay.com/itm/142108110900

Also are bar end mirrors as easy as plug and play? I believe I have 7/8" handlebar which is typical.

I got a very similar one and it was complete crap. I couldn't tighten the rubber plug enough to make it really solid. I gave up when one of them broke while trying to adjust it.
After talking to Jimsun, who has them, he recommended the type with a metal expansion plug.
I got a pair from GP Bikes in Whitby, and I like them. I get better visibility with these as opposed to stock.
I believe they are 'Oxford' brand and were about $40

Sent from my X5max_PRO using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I have a set that look like that but, being Rizoma "Reverse Retro" they were, er, significantly more expensive. They work okay and look good (way better than the insect antennae the OE mirrors were) but I too dislike the test-tube stopper mounting. At some point I might remove them and smear a smidgen of contact cement on the rubber insert and inside the bar to give it some mutual adhesion.

I got a very similar one and it was complete crap. I couldn't tighten the rubber plug enough to make it really solid. I gave up when one of them broke while trying to adjust it.
After talking to Jimsun, who has them, he recommended the type with a metal expansion plug.
I got a pair from GP Bikes in Whitby, and I like them. I get better visibility with these as opposed to stock.
I believe they are 'Oxford' brand and were about $40

Ah ok I don't mind paying g alittle more extra for good quality ones. I will try the Oxford brand from gp. Do they vibrate at low or high speeds though or else it would be pretty useless

I have a set that look like that but, being Rizoma "Reverse Retro" they were, er, significantly more expensive. They work okay and look good (way better than the insect antennae the OE mirrors were) but I too dislike the test-tube stopper mounting. At some point I might remove them and smear a smidgen of contact cement on the rubber insert and inside the bar to give it some mutual adhesion.

Have u tried any other brands? I suspect the rizoma ones are gonna be like $150

I have the Rizoma Reverse retros as well. They came with metal expanding collets for the bar end mounting. I hear the rubber ones fail eventually. So far they work well, but you do give up some functionality for style because of the smaller coverage. Positioning is key. The install was pretty straight forward. As per the instructions, give 1mm clearance on the throttle side to avoid binding.

I've had the CRG foldable mirrors on a previous bike, they were great. Completely vibration free and very clear. I think a set with the Rinomoto bar ends runs $250~. Quality is top notch of course.

Definitely pricey but from the sounds of ebay mirrors, you're options are either invest in a good setup or might as well deal with the stock mirrors.

Ah ok I don't mind paying g alittle more extra for good quality ones. I will try the Oxford brand from gp. Do they vibrate at low or high speeds though or else it would be pretty useless
Vibration isn't a problem on my CBR 125. The convex shape of the glass is a little deeper than that on the stock mirrors, so things seem a little further away. Takes a little getting used to but gives a great angle of view

b0eb27761a85367c3aa14043ecc91809.jpg
98842b99bbf569d0659821aeb691e698.jpg

Yes. They are solid with normal use. But if you go balls to the wall the mirror shifts on the ball. I coated the ball with loctite and all is good.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

The Oxford ones work well for a decent price. They have a rather short arm so they don't vibrate at all. I do bump them in the garage now and then, but they don't lose adjustment on the highway. I was also astounded at how much quieter they are than the stock mirrors (1st gen VStrom).

I have a set of CRG Hindsight's on my DRZ. Awesome mirrors with zero vibration. I've had them on for almost a year now and haven't needed to touch them to re tighten them. I ended up mounting them inside of my grips because of my Acerbis handgaurds, but if you are going to mount them on the bar ends, I'd spend some more on the folding 'CRG Lanesplitter' mirrors so you can fold them in.

If you don't pick the cheapest options, Amazon could be the right place for mirrors. I've got mine for $60 from Amazon.ca and I have zero complaints ... drama free performance and great sturdiness.

I had the knockoffs on my last bike. The mirrors vibrated loose after 10 000km. No big deal, they were $40. I bought a new bike this year and wanted bar-ends. Looked at Rizoma's online. Was about to block my nose and pay $190 and saw that was only for 1. Found a pair on Kijiji and paid $125 for 2. More my speed. The quality is 100x better than what I had before. No comparison. If you aren't sure if you want them, try some cheapies 1st, you can always upgrade at a later stage.

Back
Top Bottom