Insurance went up across the board or just SS? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance went up across the board or just SS?

Whether it's a Cadillac or Chevy is not as important as the amount of claims per model.
Price of the vehicle is not as huge of a factor as people think and quite often a more expensive car is cheaper to insure. That is because our liability pay outs are massive in this province.
this..
try to insure a tesla, then try to insure a 5 year old mazda 3 and tell me which has a cheaper rate...

this..
try to insure a tesla, then try to insure a 5 year old mazda 3 and tell me which has a cheaper rate...
Very true, my 2017 Sierra is $180 less a year to insure than my 2010 Mazda 3.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Accident survivability has a huge part to play in it as well – my current car was slightly less expensive to insure than the Aveo I drove for a while despite the fact that the new car had nearly 4 times the horsepower, but comparatively it is a tank compared to the Aveo was.

Value of the car does play a part however, when a fender bender might cost $5000 to fix one car but 1/3 of that on a cheaper car rest assured it comes in the play, however reality is there are so many other variables That can offset that sometimes.

Very true, my 2017 Sierra is $180 less a year to insure than my 2010 Mazda 3.

i had a cadillac CTS and was paying $220 a month, got a 2014 sierra new and it went down to about 150 or 160 a month.
i was about to get a 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS (basically a Camaro SS with the RS appearance package which was headlights and a couple other things) and that was going to be $180 a month...and at the time i was in mississauga.

how do you like the 2017 Sierra, and what options did you go for?
my dad has a 17 silverado V8 WT crew shortbox.

ive been debating lately about trading my 14 in for a 17 but i really want to hold out for the 19 redesign, and i want crew standard box..havent been able to find any 17s in stock that are crew standard box, v8 4x4...with the backup cam...etc..

i had a cadillac CTS and was paying $220 a month, got a 2014 sierra new and it went down to about 150 or 160 a month.
i was about to get a 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS (basically a Camaro SS with the RS appearance package which was headlights and a couple other things) and that was going to be $180 a month...and at the time i was in mississauga.

how do you like the 2017 Sierra, and what options did you go for?
my dad has a 17 silverado V8 WT crew shortbox.

ive been debating lately about trading my 14 in for a 17 but i really want to hold out for the 19 redesign, and i want crew standard box..havent been able to find any 17s in stock that are crew standard box, v8 4x4...with the backup cam...etc..
I've been ****** over by the dealership/gmc and and 6 weeks out from ordering. Picking up next week I hope.
Got base + towing package w/ v8. Leather interior, 7" entertainment package, comfort and appearance package. Full cab & reg box, 4x4 and back up cam comes in appearance package, which I didn't want, but long story short, was forced into it.

that's low...
low is what i pay...but im over 30, not in the GTA core, clean record (no tickets and no claims for over 10 years), full M, licensed over 10 years...probably 13 or 14 now.., have all my policies together...so ya...$550 a year on a 600rr...yes, full coverage.

The Canadian Press
Published Wednesday, July 19, 2017 10:59AM EDT

TORONTO -- Auto insurance rates in Ontario rose again in the second quarter of 2017.
Approved rates posted by the Financial Services Commission of Ontario show an average increase of 0.76 per cent.
Last quarter, rates went up by an average of 1.24 per cent.
In 2013, the Liberals promised to reduce car insurance premiums by an average of 15 per cent by August 2015, but after the self-imposed deadline passed, Premier Kathleen Wynne admitted that was what she called a "stretch goal."
In April, a report by Ontario's auto insurance adviser found that the province has the most expensive auto insurance premiums in Canada despite also having one of the lowest levels of accidents and fatalities.
David Marshall found that the average auto insurance premium in Ontario is $1,458, which is almost 55 per cent higher than the average of all other Canadian jurisdictions.

http://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-auto-insurance-rates-rise-for-the-second-quarter-in-a-row-1.3509785

low is what i pay...but im over 30, not in the GTA core, clean record (no tickets and no claims for over 10 years), full M, licensed over 10 years...probably 13 or 14 now.., have all my policies together...so ya...$550 a year on a 600rr...yes, full coverage.

I meant for his age/lic level and experience. Mine is less than yours, but I'm old.

Back
Top Bottom