Recommendations to get slight used or new tires? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recommendations to get slight used or new tires?

and personal preference/experience. I've stayed away from Metzeler cause the one time I had them, they did lousy in the rain...that was almost 30 years ago. Mostly I've run Bridgestone, Michelin and Pirelli scrubs.

I'll go on full hijack mode then :)

How easy is it to take out both wheels (provided that I have both stands and the tools)? Going this route because I want to learn (the other 90% being that I'm a cheapskate). Any tips to avoid any errors?

P.S. going to order from Pete's, how "fresh" are their tires?
Check out @MotoRevere
They do classes one Monday a month iirc for basic bike maintenance.
Maybe $20 or so a class.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Alright all knowing GTAM community... I am sure you all know something about tires.

I just bought my bike and it is used. Tires passed safety, but I think I should start shopping for new ones anyway just so I feel safe (better).

So, the question here lies... does anyone have recommendations of who/where to get tires in the GTA area or do you order online and have them delivered? If so, do they provide free delivery? Yes, well aware that tires are costly... so is this thing we call "riding".

Thanks in advance.
Buy new. For the cost...you can get good deals on new and usually guarantee on wear.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Best advice I can give:

1. Don't do this alone. Have a helper or two to hold the bike stable while you remove, and later re-install the wheels.
2. Take photos of the process as a reference, and bag and label every small part you remove. Make notes if you feel the need to.
3. Get your hands on a repair manual. It will pay for itself tenfold.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Back
Top Bottom