Purchasing BC bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Purchasing BC bike

slowbird

Asking for a friend:

She wants to buy a scooter. Current owner has the bike registered in BC.

If she purchases it, what hoops will she need to go through with the MTO to register it in Ontario in her name?

Why? Is the price that good or the scooter that rare? I don't know if it causes a problem or not, but unless there is a strong reason, I'd just buy something you know won't be a problem (eg an Ontario registered scooter).

Yup - unless it's a BC dealer ...then they have to ship the bike out via common carrier to Ontario to avoid the HST there.

I moved from BC and brought my GS and Truck and it was a very simple process.

She will need proof of identity (e.g. driving license), proof of purchase (Bill of Sale - I had the original title portion of the vehicle permit in my name as it was already my bike), proof of insurance in Ontario and an Ontario Safety Certificate. She will also need the signed vehicle portion of the BC permit from the original owner

Take all that to the ministry and pay the fees and 13% HST and you are done. I didn't have to pay the HST as I actually owned the vehicles in another province.

The bizarre thing with the truck is that they made me weight it. Its not applicable to cars or bikes. I had to go to a local dump, drive through the scales and get a print out.

Thanks. I have read the threads regarding bringing vehicles from different provinces. I wasn't sure if it changed depending on the province or if it being a Scoot changed anything.

The guy she bought the scoot from couldn't find his ownership. I told him he needs to go get another one before she'll pay up fully.

Am I correct in my thinking that she needs the actual ownership in her hand when she goes to the MTO? (not a photocopy or a scan)

Why? Is the price that good or the scooter that rare? I don't know if it causes a problem or not, but unless there is a strong reason, I'd just buy something you know won't be a problem (eg an Ontario registered scooter).

Yeah I'm right there with you. I told her not to buy it but she won't listen.

You ever have someone ask you for your advice, and a favor to go look at somethign with them and then they ignore your recommendation entirely? :roll:

Back
Top Bottom