Careful out there ....nasty front enroute | GTAMotorcycle.com

Careful out there ....nasty front enroute

MacDoc

Site Supporter
oV2s0_tNUFsHDrX3-LFdW84eX3-Vh5G2QxIdh-VQOkeLz_R_X_vHumNChhKjNzGAH021xNNMi-rqTBIUN4kBDqhZHiSP6oT4LRMxblTTJGV-GmAiAUl1hQCag4jvsmNGSdxVTYRt8LwCK6Q-CT7EcWd_A-EBPO8JrOU8i61hieOq0HRx69qgTweDi4vJhMezi-de7n6ab4PnHYafU-LEKXxB9bridUeUf-oYW08XHaG0XSOWbNyxMEDosKs27FvZVSbY5OSobAy2REDf5LbeEiUqt22p0NsO6a_rFCd_TnWbsOSwGDWR_OxyiO6jYu4jRj6Ud5sLNDTfY6DCJ8H5e1mOUsoxQLKmjTNeFxLLvTIODDYqVJgB_VrONVw74-IntpdQd7ItUylCUeU-05tKY4jFXCCywvSOGrxDKPi-RViwURwIeKEHnLRH2CjFzT3EimFtBoNPNx3RPQhwxuHK3s29HFrdzfzBEbP92aZeaNX3z0C3kRUnlLhXckMseuQvx1h5XfFBZwgbgDdNROxmj93Qo2stow3lHnwDxh-cNTu5Ymi9B9CMNRoqM2TOSXukGfnmVviUXMIQ1yF0QUtHbM_7zPTS5cE3My5fCF-DBKHqWZfk8sPrtppNgw=w1342-h1052-no

https://weather.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=WSO

Sucker is moving very fast - warning just now is only for Tobermory/Grey Bruce area but it's gonna get here right quick

Thanks for the heads up. Weather Network App says 20% chance of showers and drops down to 10% later tonight. I have to go back to being my own meteorologist again.

Losing a lot of steam as it comes off the lake. Might be some rain overnight but it's not anywhere near as organized anymore and will probably fall apart more as it crosses southern Ontario, especially now that the energy of the day is gone.

yeah dissipated on the lake - could have done a late night ride - still lurking a bit around Kitchener

And there I was hoping for some nice photo opportunities like this:

NYd42Dt.jpg

Last edited:
It's actually kind of neat looking out there ....just went for a fast loop and there are lightning storms both east and west .....it is realllllllly humid.

We got the full brunt of it in London last night.

Not too windy but buckets and buckets of rain, then hail, all mixed with some lightning and thunder.

We got the full brunt of it in London last night.

Not too windy but buckets and buckets of rain, then hail, all mixed with some lightning and thunder.

FWIW, that was a different front, not the one MacDoc posted about. ;)

We got it here around 9PM or so. Lots of rain, a bit of wind, some lightening, but it moved on. I guess it knocked out hydro for a wide swath of rural area east of here, as per friends on FB.

Classic cool front today ...perfectly clear, cool temp a bit of wind....:D I think lunch at Letchworth tomorrow is in my schedule.

Must be summer....

https://weather.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=WSO

Severe weather warning for Southern Ontario.

Watches
1:20 PM EDT Wednesday 12 July 2017
Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for:

City of Toronto
Conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts and heavy rain.

Thunderstorms are expected to develop this afternoon and could persist into the overnight hours. These thunderstorms will be capable of producing wind gusts of 90 km/h and locally heavy rainfall. Total rainfall amounts near 50 mm are possible in areas where multiple thunderstorms occur.

Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes. Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors!

Severe thunderstorm watches are issued when atmospheric conditions are favourable for the development of thunderstorms that could produce one or more of the following: large hail, damaging winds, torrential rainfall.

no ride to the Forks today :(

Back
Top Bottom