Sick person in Oakville stringing line to decapitate riders | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sick person in Oakville stringing line to decapitate riders

wtf has brampton got to do with someone setting up a trap to case harm or death to an individual?

well, brampton was a rider injured riding a dirt bike on private property so somewhat related. As per Rob , on appeal the case was tossed.

I say sadly , with regards to lawsuits the litigious society of the US, is intruding here. I find it sad.

And for that "long list of charges" what eventually happened? 3 years probation <smh>

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...tage/wcm/2df071f0-71c5-44b8-9568-00d7a8c781fe

Justice in Canada disappoints again. Lets see her try to ride into a "log with a sharp branch sticking out like a spear is placed on the bottom of a steep descent" and see how that fits with her statement about not wanting injuries to occur. At a minimum they should have permanently banned her from every publicly-owned greenspace in the province to make it very clear that this behaviour is not tolerated. I would hope the sentence would be markedly different if someone had gotten seriously hurt but in reality probably not much.

Excerpts from the linked article.

During the proceedings, the petite woman made a brief statement. “I am really sorry,” she told the court. “I never wanted to hurt anybody. I did this not to hurt anybody. I am really sorry and will not do it again.

“During the investigation, over 34 days and nights, we probably removed upwards of 400 pieces of debris … from the hiking and biking trails,” said Berg.

“They were usually placed in a manner with one end abutted against a tree branch or rock, diagonally placed so that if a mountain bike tire hit it, it would slide off and the rider would be ejected from the trail.”

In one tape, a log with a sharp branch sticking out like a spear is placed on the bottom of a steep descent.

All well and fine as you assume its the land owner protecting their land but what if is some random nut setting all this up? I am sure if it was the land owner his first steps would be signs, then call the cops... I think that would be worth perusing. As for land owner pressing charges they will have to prove it was posted "No trespassing" and seeing as most know it as a park ans use it as such they would be string up more dust from other users as well. This is a serous topic. You think if the person that set it up sees it down they will stop? No they will set it up again for someone else to get hurt or killed.

I didn't say it "was the owner" I stated it maybe someone associated with the owner group. IE someone, whose relatives are buried in the cemetery. I also stated it was wrong to do.

Sometimes, people out of frustration will do STUPID, and dangerous things.

When I was on the board of an ATV club we dealt with this type of activity several times. People "believing" they were justified, in putting cables across trails. The OFSC, have also fallen victim to this type of activity. Often NOT the landowner, but someone living nearby who were opposed.

Your "assuming" that the land owners haven't filed complaints with the police.

In today's society, it is IMHO foolish of ANY landowner to permit, motorized sports activities, (dirt biking, ATV'ing, sledding, bike riding etc etc), on their property without an insurance policy, (OFSC, and most ATV clubs carry $5 Liability), this policy covers .ALL landowners who grant permission to use their property.

Just because it "appears" that a landowner isn't doing anything to "secure" their property IE signage etc, doesn't mean they don't. I can attest to having to replace no trespassing signs 100's of times, in an attempt to keep people off private property. Today too many, have the attitude, that THEY are entitled to use the land, or believe because others do then they should as well. As I said this is NOT acceptable behaviour in ANY fashion.

My son was riding today on his dual sport at the St Voldomyr Park in Oakville, when he hit a snag line on the main road there. The approximate location is here.

He was lucky as the line was a few inches above his throat but it did do damage to his helmet as seen here, here, here , here, here and here.

I can't stop shaking when I think that this could have been his neck.

It's scary to think of what could have happened if he was riding a bit higher. WTF sicko is out there????

We went to Burlington Police to report what happened. The administrative officer was nice and gave us a number to call from a phone in the station. My son called. The officer on the other end told him that it's his fault as this was on private property. She basically ignored us.

We went back to the administrative officer and we were given another number to call after she had spoken with the officer on duty. When we called the number, we were told that an officer will come to our house to write up a complaint. They never did. They called. WTF dudes. My son was almost decapitated and you're acting like ********.

The old park in Oakville is frequently visited by many families. There are riders, bikers and walkers. Any one of those people could be hurt by the ******* who put the snag line. If he/she put it up once, he/she will put it up again until someone is hurt. We went to the police so that they would do something to ensure safety, not to be told to FO.

Riders...watch out and if you have any info as to who the sicko is that put the snag line out there then let me know and a few days later let the cops know.

Just read the entire thread and this is sickening, I have no question if that was his head it would lead to decapitation. OP PM me and I can make a video post on my channel (Canadian Rider) on this and bring this to light in the news.
I understand some people saying he's trespassing, but that shouldn't mean this is acceptable.

A few years ago in the Dundas/Ancaster area was somebody not doing the same. Myth or BS?

I really should change my name......it wasn't me.

I can honestly say, of all the years I have been here, this is the funniest thing I have seen.

But back to our regularly scheduled programming.

To me its as bad as residents up north that put ridiculous amounts of sands in the curves. I was riding with my buddy (he was in his old lotus and i was on 2 wheels) and even he didnt feel quite safe with that amount of sand. I couldnt go speed limit in certain curves (and some of them were blind curves)

Section 180 deals with common nuisance.
If a person does something staggeringly stupid (like throwing a brick from their balcony) and causes death or injury, the penalty is two years in prison.
You would probably have to prove it was deliberate however.

Section 180 deals with common nuisance.
If a person does something staggeringly stupid (like throwing a brick from their balcony) and causes death or injury, the penalty is two years in prison.
You would probably have to prove it was deliberate however.

You would only need to prove that the nuisance act was committed deliberately; not that the intent to harm was. Intent to cause harm raises the charge considerably beyond mere nuisance.

Oh how I long for an inreb dissertation
This.
So much this.
#InrebRulez
#FreeInreb

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

You would only need to prove that the nuisance act was committed deliberately; not that the intent to harm was. Intent to cause harm raises the charge considerably beyond mere nuisance.

You are correct. That is what I meant, but it wasn't clear.

Unbelievable... glad to hear your son is 'okay'...be sure he is mentally safe to ride

Sickos are about; a few years ago I was involved with Ashbridges volleyball tournament when we had to delay events and comb the sand-- someone had put in old metal, broken glass and other debris in the sand to seriously injure players....

They never did find out who was responsible....

Last edited:
Unbelievable... glad to hear your son is 'okay'...be sure he is mentally safe to ride

Sickos are about; a few years ago I was involved with Ashbridges volleyball tournament when we had to delay events and comb the sand-- someone had put in old metal, broken glass and other debris in the sand to seriously injure players....

They never did find out who was responsible....

Thanks. He's OK. Riding on :)

Back
Top Bottom