Sick person in Oakville stringing line to decapitate riders | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sick person in Oakville stringing line to decapitate riders

Roli001

My son was riding today on his dual sport at the St Voldomyr Park in Oakville, when he hit a snag line on the main road there. The approximate location is here.

He was lucky as the line was a few inches above his throat but it did do damage to his helmet as seen here, here, here , here, here and here.

I can't stop shaking when I think that this could have been his neck.

It's scary to think of what could have happened if he was riding a bit higher. WTF sicko is out there????

We went to Burlington Police to report what happened. The administrative officer was nice and gave us a number to call from a phone in the station. My son called. The officer on the other end told him that it's his fault as this was on private property. She basically ignored us.

We went back to the administrative officer and we were given another number to call after she had spoken with the officer on duty. When we called the number, we were told that an officer will come to our house to write up a complaint. They never did. They called. WTF dudes. My son was almost decapitated and you're acting like ********.

The old park in Oakville is frequently visited by many families. There are riders, bikers and walkers. Any one of those people could be hurt by the ******* who put the snag line. If he/she put it up once, he/she will put it up again until someone is hurt. We went to the police so that they would do something to ensure safety, not to be told to FO.

Riders...watch out and if you have any info as to who the sicko is that put the snag line out there then let me know and a few days later let the cops know.

Last edited:
Either call one of the media outfits or make your own video and post to youtube (i'll upvote). Highlight the part about police non-responsive / told you to f-off...

Edit: maybe Canadian Rider will come and do a video for you...

Go back to the park today and see if you can find any more lines. See if they are purposely tied around trees or poles and take pictures, then maybe the police and media (if you go that way) would take you seriously.

Looks like somebody from the St Vlod ukranian club doesnt want dual sports riding through the park. They probably reported the problem to the police and were ignored.
pretty lethal way to discourage people.

Sidenote, don't use post image to upload pictures.... Forces me to load 3 ads along with your image, which is bs.
Use www.imgur.com

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Some people are a absolutely f**ked up.

Private property or not in Canada you cant sue for everything like the US. But if someone slips and fails they have to prove "due negligence" to sue and win. Not saying you are suing but if someone is setting up a line like that even on their own property they are liable for it and the intent is to cause bodily harm

I agree with the above. Take pictures post on media and see if you can get some traction.

Not this again. Ugh. Whether it is kite string or intentional this has happened many times in the past. I believe they caught a lady in BC that kept booby trapping the mtb trails and gave her a long list of charges. I vote just make them ride through their own string if they get caught, let the fates decide their punishment.

maybe you should teach your kid to respect private property

You need to call a reporter from the Oakville newspaper and give him the pics. You also need to let the newspaper know about the police response. If this was just a kite string someone was negligent. If it was someone who deliberately put that string up to snag a vehicle it doesn't matter whose property it was, it is still criminal behavior and must be investigated.

maybe you should teach your kid to respect private property

Agreed but

Property owner: "I will fix those kids"

Kid: Aweashaodsabdlasbfa.lbaf.bfaf/ba/;f DEATH :whdat:

Proper owner: "I only ment to scare them away, I never meant for this to happen"

Judge: "WTF did you think would happen putting up something like that

My son checked the park yesterday and there was only the one that he found. We told that to the Police.

Maybe. But then I would need to teach the other people that use that property as well.

Point being, on private property you can't set traps to harm people, even if they are trespassing.

Interesting contrast.

1- A thief is hurt by a booby trap during a break and enter, then when the homeowner gets charged with something like reckless endangerment people say "but he was a thief!!!"

2- A biker trespasses and finds a possibly lethal trap in his way, then when no suspect can be found and the cops warn against trespassing, people say "but my safety!!!"

Back
Top Bottom