Where can I learn to ride in dirt? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where can I learn to ride in dirt?

puttockc

Hey all,

I live in downtown and have only ever ridden on the street. I would like to get some training on dirt.

Please recommend places which teach dirt bike riding and supply the bikes near-ish to Toronto

Thanks in Advance.

-Chris

These are the only 2?

One of the kinks doesn't even work btw...

The other only has options for 2hr half day and full day. Are there no weekend courses or 2-3 day courses?

Links work for me.

I haven't heard of a multi day course for dirt since I was a kid. We used to do camps in the summer up in the Valley. Dropped off Monday morning and picked up Friday night. This was 30+ years ago though.

I'm doing something at Sand Del Lee this year, but it's not really near Toronto.
http://www.mx101life.com/?cat=4

As to why there isn't much close to Toronto, think of the value of the land.

I'm not looking for a specific area or time of year. I am just looking for lessons somewhere in ontario or even michigan.

I'm not looking for a specific area or time of year. I am just looking for lessons somewhere in ontario or even michigan.

Heck, that's easy then! Buy the best trials bike you can afford, come ride at my place, get comfortable with the basics, join CMA and ride as many ATA events as you can.
... downside is, it's about a 3 hour drive for you to my place, up side is you are a lot closer then me to where most of the ATA events take place.

Heck, that's easy then! Buy the best trials bike you can afford, come ride at my place, get comfortable with the basics, join CMA and ride as many ATA events as you can.
... downside is, it's about a 3 hour drive for you to my place, up side is you are a lot closer then me to where most of the ATA events take place.

"Trials bikes have no seat and require you to stand and be balanced at all times"

Well guess that's out then.

I've taken lessons at both trail tours and smart adventures. Both will give basic skills. I found trail tours to give more 'tour' which is a lot of fun. Also they do a great job of matching rider skill with instructor and skill group. I recommend you go early in the season during g the work week. I was lucky enough to get one on one training by doing the same at both schools. Both are great schools. If you can't decide, go to the one closet to you. If bikes matter... smart uses yamaha bikes and trail tours uses Honda. Clinton is wonderful! He'll talk to you about anything motorcycle. He will also give you the option to try other bikes such as a trials bike or a BMW f800. It will depend on the day if he can offer the rides.

Sent from my [device_name] using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Back
Top Bottom