TTC/GO station parking and securing your bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

TTC/GO station parking and securing your bike

darthwolf

Does anyone ride to a TTC or GO station and park to take the train/subway?

If so, how do you secure your bike for 8+ hours away at work?

Still new at this so still not yet comfortable making the hour+ ride to downtown TO in rush hour traffic.

If you value your bike, don't do it.

I second this.

Take one or the other. When you leave your bike out in a lot where people know you're most likely leaving it out for the whole day, it'll likely get stolen much quicker than a condo underground garage.

Since you live in Richmond Hill, I'd recommend taking 404 -> Finch -> Don Mills (HOV Lane) -> DVP to avoid most of the traffic if you were to take your bike. Saves about 15 min at the peak of rush hour.

Used to take that route myself until I had my hours adjusted to start at 10...

got it...thanks for the suggestions. I'll leave my bike at home until i can ride it downtown. How's taking avenue rd/bathurst back up north or bayview? Hoping to avoid the DVParkingLot coming home.

Hoping to avoid the DVParkingLot coming home.
On the upside, the DVParkingLot at rush hour is a great place to practice clutch control and situational awareness in a location that probably won't get you killed.

got it...thanks for the suggestions. I'll leave my bike at home until i can ride it downtown. How's taking avenue rd/bathurst back up north or bayview? Hoping to avoid the DVParkingLot coming home.

Getting stuck at the 401/404 during the worst part of rush hour does suck. I do sometimes take Bayview as an alternate and I find that it works out quite well. Both ways.

As someone who works for one of the named companies, you definitely do not want to park your bike in any lots if its of any value. Forget about bikes being stolen, cars have been known to get taken from there.

I'd never park my motorcycle in a transit lot, even having theft coverage...

Re: riding downtown - generally, I'd say the highway is safer than the city streets due to intersections, left turners into parking lots, etc.

404-Sheppard-DonMills-DVP-Richmond is a typical route of mine. Sometimes I stay on the DVP.

Over time, you'll learn which lanes slow at certain spots - changing lanes allows you to 'surf' the stop-n-go somewhat. Not that you save much time, but it's less frustrating then coming to a halt when the other lanes are passing you.

There's a few good street parking locations downtown where lots of bikes park. If you work near one, even better. Strength in numbers...

Spending 2hrs every weekday on your bike is a good thing, n'est pas?

Back
Top Bottom