Night ride | GTAMotorcycle.com

Night ride

MacDoc

Site Supporter
I like riding at night. It's gorgeous out tonight- little wind ...clear sky and warm enough. Did not get out all day.

Thinking the back roads to Niagara Falls might be fun then blitz home.

Anyone else ride for fun at night?

This time of year I prefer riding at night instead of baking in the hot sun with humidity and pavement etc just adding to the heat. My favorite time to ride on the street is if it's mid day around 15 Celsius and even a little cooler if riding motocross.

Last edited:
Not for me: Too many bugs and nocturnal animals on the road after dark.

I only ride rurally and there are too many deer and other things out at night. On rare occasions I get caught out at night due to poor plannign and I'm always scared of runnign in to one, I've already had a couple close calls.

Funny, I was just getting geared up to go out for an evening scoot.

I like whatever that smell in the air is (in forested/green areas, I'm guessing you city guys don't get it) in the evening hours an hour or so from sunset onwards. It's hard to explain but it brings me back to my youth camping with my family every weekend.

I love night riding as well, but am upgrading my headlight - my LED from China (that I mentioned in another thread sometime in February or something) finally arrived....and yeah, it sucked. Ordered something better on Amazon this evening for delivery Friday.

How do you negotiate corners at night? Does your motorcycle have adaptable headlights?

How do you negotiate corners at night? Does your motorcycle have adaptable headlights?

My fjr actually has cornering lights.. They illuminate according to how steep the "lean"...
The steeper the angle the brighter they get

That's kinda cool but not sure so useful ...maybe.

Yeah just put on 220 KM and going to go out again with different ear plugs. Cruised at speed out to Woodstock then back to Mississauga and then a teeny tiny bit of backroad home.

Can't get the ambient noise level down with the convertible helmet - CBF is annoying me - so many positives but damn wind noise above 110 km is annoying...it's "okay" ...just not as quiet as the strom .... grrrrrr.

Convertible helmet was even noisier than my regular lid....will do a few minutes on the slab with full earplugs see how quiet it gets.

Considering a laminar lip - there is a quiet spot but it's below the screen lip :(

Will see if the guy buys it for his wife before I fiddle too much.

It is a very nice wind up toy tho......chopper with annoying wiggling way over bright headlight was pissing everyone off doin 130 in the fast lane so nice to be able to put distance quickly.
Have an annoying slight wobble at speed ( common to this model ) - likely did not help sitting on the the tires for an entire year tho it did get moved around.
If I keep it will replace the front...most riders say that fixed it for them.

Hibeam on the CBF sucks compared even the Vstrom and not in the same universe as the Burgman 650 which was just superb.
If I keep it I will do something about it and likely the Vstrom as well

There is very little risk of animals on the urban slab at all or even the high volume 401 area...besides..you can use a truck as a deer catcher.

Upper New York State or PA I'd not ride at night - even on the New York Thruway.

Nice bit at night ...there is little or no wind turbulence unlike day time.

Last edited:
I got out for an hour this evening. Fresh cut hay everywhere out here - love that smell in the evenings - the farmers have been desperately waiting for an opportunity to cut since they need 2 or 3 solid warm sunny days to dry it before it can be baled, so with that window having finally presented itself every hayfield on this side of the GTA was recently cut..

ack - too sleepy to do the second run tonight ...maybe at dawn ....a bit of slab westbound to see what the earplugs do then loop the back roads up to Elora for a coffee.

My fjr actually has cornering lights.. They illuminate according to how steep the "lean"...
The steeper the angle the brighter they get
That would be cool to check out

I love riding into the city at night. I live just north of Steeles not far from Yonge. I'll get on Yonge, ride down to the lakeshore then return via Rosedale Valley Rd/Bayview. Toronto's grown so much -all the lights and people. Amazing that there's traffic jams on the DVP late at night!
Plus I find city riding keeps my brain on high alert.

Absolutely love riding the city at night. Cooler temperatures, less traffic and I can have a bit of fun under the radar.
Most nice nights, I'm out till about 2am... it's what summer is about for me. I'll sleep when winter is here.

might be a late ride to East End Toronto night...chasing a helmet if the guy would reply.

Got my tire pressure sorted and the helmet a bit quieter ( took out the SENA speakers and packed in a bunch of earplugs in a plastic bag ....works the charm to kill the resonance in the speaker spots. ( works on any helmet )

Should be a bit smoother and quiet ride tonight .....my patience is wearing tho.....not a chance in hell I'm going anywhere at 6.30

On a hot steamy summer night it can't be beat. A nice quiet country road, open faced helmet with the scent of the woods all around. Now that's a fun ride.

Good ride across Ridge Road and down to Fonthill.....some deer, lots of ginormous wind turbines. Clares Cycle...damn that's a lot of years ago in Uni.
Put on about 220 km tonight ...annoying bottleneck on the QEW ...that horrid speeterd that you can't quite balance and can't quite paddle.
Not too long and a easy ride home after it.

Toronto looked cool with the setting sun reflecting off the buildings. Sound improvement for the helmet was good.
Cruised by my alma mater in St. Kitts....damn it's become a monster.....McDs and Timmies both embedded in the dorms. Was neat to see the quad apartments where I lived for a bit still in use down the mountain.

Good ride, very bright moon. Damp air.

^^^^dang, in my backyard. But I was roasting in London today and just back in via cage this evening.

Nice night for a ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom