cast iron cylinder boring | GTAMotorcycle.com

cast iron cylinder boring

eng2007

Site Supporter
I need to put an oversize piston into a 49cc 2 stroke '77 Italian motor. Stock piston is 40mm and I found one thats 41.8. Anyone know any shops in West end Toronto & area?

Saw that. Hoping someone chimes in with a reputable shop in West end.

Got quoted $90 for the labour which I think is super reasonable but damn they are busy.

Wow, that's an awesome price. I am surprised they touch a job for that little. Was that Bush?

I may have to give them a call about a cylinder head I want tanked. I am in no hurry, it is a spare head.

Yes, Bush. Apparently they have work for the next 6 months but mentioned he might be able to squeeze my small request in the next few weeks.

So how much larger than the piston should the cylinder be bored?

Yes, Bush. Apparently they have work for the next 6 months but mentioned he might be able to squeeze my small request in the next few weeks.

So how much larger than the piston should the cylinder be bored?

Bring them the piston so they can measure and match.

The piston hasnt left San Francisco yet. Other pistons I've received from these guys were spot on spec. So assuming it does measure out to the 41.8mm its spec'd for, is anyone actually familiar with how much larger a bore should be? Thats an AL piston in a cast iron cylinder.

Cast or forged piston?

Wait till you have the piston in hand before you get anything bored.

Back
Top Bottom