My M2 and M Experience | GTAMotorcycle.com

My M2 and M Experience

black_CG2

I have written an article about my M2 and M experience, which has received positive feedback. So I have decided to share that with GTAM folks along with other articles.

My M2 and M experience:
https://ingloriousrider.wordpress.c...t-fear-not-read-this-to-pass-those-with-ease/

How to get motorcycle licence in Ontario:
https://ingloriousrider.wordpress.com/2017/06/21/how-to-get-a-motorcycle-licence-in-ontario/

Riders make better drivers:
https://ingloriousrider.wordpress.c...-motorcyclist-will-always-be-a-better-driver/

If you are bored, hopefully these will enlighten your day :D

Nice write up you did. Sounds like you had a great experience!

I enjoyed reading your blog, and some nice shots of your bikes and the city!

Your road trips looked like a blast... I'm jealous you got awesome buddies to take trips like that!

"I would say this was the most physically demanding part of the course. Basically, you will sit on the bike and your buddy will push you on the parking lot, and vice versa. This is to learn how to balance the bike."

Is every course doing this ? ("Top Secret Course Curriculum's" :/)

Seems ridiculous.

Pre-Req should be ability to ride a bicycle, therefore above is un-necessary.

*And if you CAN'T ride a bicycle, are you really going to learn to balance an un powered moto-c in "a few minutes" ?

When I went to the Honda Rock The Red, two years ago, there were more than a few people who had never ridden a motorcycle before. The instructor showed / taught the "clutch-release" (took most people ~10 minutes to grasp it), then off they went round the (tiny) parking lot space.

No "unpowered" pushing was done :/

"I would say this was the most physically demanding part of the course. Basically, you will sit on the bike and your buddy will push you on the parking lot, and vice versa. This is to learn how to balance the bike."

Seems ridiculous.

M1 exit course at Fanshaw College in 2001. We did indeed push the unpowered CBR125s around for a bit. I can't recall exactly why, something about getting familiar with the bike. People who couldn't ride bicycles were asked to leave in the first 10 minutes of the Fri evening portion.

Nice write up you did. Sounds like you had a great experience!

I enjoyed reading your blog, and some nice shots of your bikes and the city!

Your road trips looked like a blast... I'm jealous you got awesome buddies to take trips like that!

Seems ridiculous.

Pre

Thank you all for your kind words. Feel free to suggest anything you would want me to write about. I am going to write about my gear and luggage stuff next. Just trying to expand my blog and make it a good read for riders.

Regarding the buddy push part, I think it was done to get a feel of motorcycle's weight?

Seems ridiculous.

Most of the M2 courses I know about include an exercise where students are pushed on an unpowered bike. Balancing a motorcycle is only part of the intent. Students are pushed for a section of the course and then practice stopping using both brakes and only putting the left foot on the ground. So it's also learning to influence which side the bike leans to when stopping. Taking the motor out of the equation allows the student to focus on this without fear of losing control.

*And if you CAN'T ride a bicycle, are you really going to learn to balance an un powered moto-c in "a few minutes" ?

I don't know of any M2 course that requires bicycle experience as a pre-requisite. It definitely makes learning easier, but many students with no bicycle experience do pick it up over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom