Track bike insurance | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Track bike insurance

As most racers, most bikes are not in our names but previous/previous/previous owner/s...

Question:
Do they cover the bike if not under our name and just with a bill of sale ?

I got a quote back from DT for the off track & storage policy.
It does cover storage at home & also during transit to & from the track.
I added the $$ value of everything I wanted to cover in the policy i.e. the bike, spare parts, trailer, riding gear, tools, generator, stands etc which came to around $15K
The policy cost for that was $450 + taxes which covers theft, fire, smoke, vandalism & other things - $1,000 deductible
The policy also covers you in the Continental US as well as Canada.
I found the guy I dealt with (Dan Avon) very helpful: Dan@daltontimmis.com

The place I insure with has a $30k min policy which is around $200 more than what you were quoted and I think it has the same deductible.

If my bike and gear were worth less than $5k I probably wouldn't worry about insuring it but it adds up really quickly when you think about loosing your gear (helmet(s)/leathers/gloves/boots), genny, warmers, stands, etc.

Does the insurance cover if you crash your bike?

Dalton Timmis clearly says the coverage does not apply when the bike is operating under its own power. I have never heard of insurance that covers you on track, it would be astronomically expensive as crashes are expected.

does the bike need to be registered in your name to get coverage? how does it work with blank frames and or bikes with no ownership?

does the bike need to be registered in your name to get coverage? how does it work with blank frames and or bikes with no ownership?

I was never asked for any paperwork but I'm assuming as long as you have a BOS or some sort of paperwork you'd be ok. Could always call and find out...

What does the rider look like? Are all things documented with model and serial number or is it more on the lines of Honda bike $5000, generator $1000, misc tools $1000?

On my application I submitted I gave them the VIN of the bike and trailer but no ownerships or bill of sale.
They also wanted make, model and year of the bike.
Everything else I grouped i.e. Riding gear, hand tools, spare parts, power tools and gave the group a value.
They do require photographs of everything within 30 days of policy inception

Back
Top Bottom