Moped or scooter? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Moped or scooter?

nobbie48

Site Supporter
Yesterday i passed a couple riding 2 up on what looked like a scooter, step through and little tires. Didn't get the make but it had a red moped plate. The plethora of powered two wheeled vehicles has me confused. I picture a moped as a skanky bicycle.

I didn't see any pedals. Likely another "Any-plate-will-do" pending disaster.

Then its classified as a scooter and should have either a blue plate (restricted) or a normal white plate.
If they got stopped by a cop there might be some 'esplainin' to do....

Did you see an exhaust? One of the "performance mods" that people do to their e-bikes, is remove the pedals. this can get them into trouble as, without the pedals, it's no longer an e-bike under the law.

I never seen such a bureocratic horseshoot in my life. The MTO page gives all the restrictions that a moped must have.... no clutch, no engine over 50cc, have pedals, no gear box.... but yeah you still need your "M" motorcycle licence to use it. Then why place all these restrictions on the vehicle you idiots?

BTW I was driving behind one moped (like the ones used in Italy by teens) today and that little thing zoomed hard for being a 50cc. I was going 80 km/h and could not catch up to it on a street. At stop light I asked the guy how much it gave for a tankful of gas and he said "115 km's" range. Asked him how many litres to fill his tank and he said "5" LOL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom