Mount Tremblant - what do to, where to eat? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mount Tremblant - what do to, where to eat?

PrivatePilot

Ironus Butticus
Site Supporter
Planning a trip out that way on the bikes with a decent sized group of friends in a few weeks - I have some preliminary plans already on the books but I thought I'd toss it out here as well for anyone who's been before.

I was looking at in-town restaurant options, but the Grand Manitou at the summit certainly looks interesting from a breathtaking view standpoint...but I assume it's only accessable by ski lift? I'm assuming there's a fee associated with that? From what I can find they are indeed open in the summer though, and the prices are stupid...but we're in it for the view.

Any suggestions/pointers that will make it interesting for the group? Yes, we could just ride to a restaurant in the pedestrian village and eat (more or less what I have planned at this point), but I'd like to do something interesting instead if anyone has any better suggestions.

All I can say is be prepared for serious traffic if it's a weekend. There are chokepoints that are horrid.

All I can say is be prepared for serious traffic if it's a weekend. There are chokepoints that are horrid.

'Was there last week for three days of riding... Stayed at the Fairmont.
Roads are nice, but plenty of traffic and getting stuck behind a slow poke zaps the fun out of it quick.

Thanks guys. The plan is to leave Ottawa Saturday morning probably around 9ish and ride out there for lunch. Not worried about a little traffic (it's a decent sized group anyways, all cruisers and a few Spyders, so nobody is in a rush really anyways) but I hadn't considered traffic a whole lot honestly, thinking it would be more of a winter problem vs a summer problem. What kind of backups are we talking here, just 10-15 minutes of slow traffic working your way into town, or are we talking an hour of sitting in the highway crawling along?

I'm planning to take Highway 50 & 323 from Ottawa to Tremblant, and then to avoid backtracking over the same roads for the trip back I was going to do Highway 327 out of Tremblant down across to the south shore and then either across 17, or if we are crunched for time or traffic is showing hosed up anywhere on 17, across the 417 instead. We are all staying at a motel on the south side of Ottawa near the airport - stayed there last year on a similar trip and it was great.

You are on the right track but if you can stretch over to 329 to come south it's rated better

http://www.bestbikingroads.com/moto.../quebec-/strong-start--brossard-_7b54d90.html

all the southbound routes into Montreal can hold you up for an hour crawling on a Sunday night....perhaps better to blitz east in the morning and then go up to Tremblant that way you are not heading into the setting sun in the evening tho you do have to deal with the sun in the morning.

Loop around west and come down toward Ottawa on 323 or if you have time loop Lac Simon

dd9mJ3BW8IyQjnaclI1byurqdojQ50s270oSlGFTK-HD5K26_XONpm0eWYOW-ooTMmiUhpnFBxpFBerFn006qlG1RxlsUnWPBSqMUvVZJzQBDP85lxlLDQvpzAYV7HJU1aLI2Q1CO7U_CyQA9apgQ9Cxyj7BNKzupWXuKbXcnoJ1bRzVSEMCOP04dK_UCY8YOOZGmoYFK_ZqDlteX59LZkATir4l9wXEPrBbfrf3Nuk3DzB4RhPZiUTLQBfIT_77fxeYssKOlCmnCOwxwn3awsw2D6ct6mNY0tsRow84PTBZ21dgDV9DLxuEbOT7OJRBjvnHRjIdwFhakwWry0ytRJ-C7zC6FRiWRhopQEb03JuIKGIoTW2j1fWHUOIubO9k5_CWFvFWsx_uR6VyvfK7Oi2tkoIP5NpKE3GPkSOqBqJaT_1FeXlcXgRSjxCQGrj06O-oLSN0OGeKjqkPwaJLT4E2hcFyrAb6Xp0Da_gazwFQznRlVlLYWAZMOG_Qm5JvSIVzv1MfQYtgTeTyWo07Ba7tESMqhKo0UWkdJnBWCOtog4E8rXw_kqDzDLDgwxGqoc3Aq0HK9rTzxJ5KnVZAR421-IVDt3cdajfLf_nfbrjGh2NsKBQFpA=w2382-h1672-no

Last edited:
Thx, will look more on that site and see what I can dig up. Aiming to keep each leg of the trip to/from Ottawa in and around the 250K/3hr mark which makes for a nice split with just 1 stretch/pee break in the middle for the group, so I don't want to go excessively out of the way.

FWIW it will be a Saturday we will be doing this loop - we are doing a 3 day weekend beginning Friday, but have other plans for Friday, the ride TO Ottawa aside.

I've ridden up that way from Kingston/Ottawa quite a few times. One of my favourite rides as the pavement is excellent for Quebec standards as they pumped cash into it for the skiers. One thing I used to do a lot is catch the Cumberland ferry from the east end of Ottawa over to Quebec as you can skirt a lot of traffic that way plus the ferry ride is pretty neat over the Ottawa river but it depends on where you're staying. I happened to be in the east end a lot or when I came from Kingston I could avoid central Ottawa by taking routes through Mannotick etc. You also get dumped pretty near the highway to Montebello where you can head north to Tremblent on that ferry. On the way if you see signs for waterfalls near Papineau that's worth a detour as it's an old log flume and a great place for a picnic. Just before Tremblent is a nice town called Breboef, has a beach and a lovely river but I've never been there and not seen a cop car parked on the outskirts of town....locals will flash you for warnings though. On the way back if you cross from Quebec to Ontario at Hawkesberry you have a really nice ride along the river back to Ottawa. The food is way nicer on the Quebec side though.

In Tremblent itself I usually park the bike and take the cable car up to the summit and have a hike around the top. I don't stay overnight though mainly as most accommodation seems pricey.

Back from the trip - spent 2 nights in Ottawa at a most excellent little motel with cabins (Travellers Haven, for anyone looking) and did Tremblant as a day trip on Saturday.

All was well...except for the 20KM of gravel road, but that was the price to pay for taking some wild backroads that felt like riding through the interior of BC at many points - beautiful. But yeah, could have done without the gravel, especially the people towards the back of the group who ate a lot of it, but it was uneventful, even for my wife who is only in her second year of riding but handled it like a champ.

We unfortunately were late getting into town after that adventure so we only ended up staying for 3 or 4 hours and spent over an hour of that eating lunch at Caseys. A few friends and I did the luge ride down the mountain and that was a blast. Shopped around, got lots of photos, and headed back towards Ottawa via a more direct route. ;)

The weather was absolutely perfect aside from a few passing sprinkles on the way home on Sunday - in the grande scheme of how this summer has gone so far I wasn't about to complain.

Back
Top Bottom