motor cycle speed | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

motor cycle speed

Switching to a new faster bike is always an entertaining ride. When I picked the Ape up in KW, I pulled out onto the street in front of the shop and very shortly after thought things were going by quite quickly. A quick look at the speedo brought new respect for the bike.

My K75 speedo was way off when I bought it (approx double). On that bike you could calibrate the speedo with an adjustment screw in the instrument panel and electrical transformer near the sensor (or near the panel, I can't remember) to provide a rock solid 60Hz test signal. It was a pretty cool system.

The VW speedo is high and does not cooperate well with attempts to fix it. 127 indicated is 120. With VCDS, you only have a few options to choose from and none seem to make much difference, so you just end up giving up and translating in your head.

The mini doesn't even have a speedo, just math to get from tach to speed. Who needs a speedo in a toy car.

Nakkers - HD is accurate up to 150? It isn't accurate above, or you haven't checked it above? I've never seen a non-linear speedo.

I would never take a vehicle above 150 km/h in the streets and none are worthy of a track

Seriously, the HDs aren't much fun above 140 km/h on the highway.

I've gone above 150 km/h but not with a gps or phone app to compare beyond 150.

It just feels like it's really really fast on them. Where I can fall asleep in most cars at that speed. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually ride a bit slower than I drive. Bit more afraid of death on the bike.

Back
Top Bottom