Almost crash ... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Almost crash ...

And speaking of the idiot contingent ... I'm in my home office with the window open and I hear chirp-chirp-BANG.

It's kinda funny how that sound of someone's ABS firing on dry pavement subconsciously registers as "someone has ****ed up and is collecting on it immediately"

Closest I came in a similar corner cutting was where Winston Churchill turns to gravel coming down from Belfountain.

Crazy old bat came flying over the hill north bound already in the wrong lane turning left cutting on to the paved road going west....she was totally petrified - could see it in her face...

another 10 yards and I'd been right in her trajectory

There are a couple of spots going up Heritage Road where east west drivers want to cut the corner big time.....if I think it's safe I wll crowd the left side of the lane right on the stop line to make them square off the corner properly......and I get a dirty look ....:rolleyes:

If you spend any time observing traffic you will see most people have extremely bad lane control. Unless there's already a vehicle in the other lane most people take up the whole road way when turning. Just a personal pet peeve of mine......

If you spend any time observing traffic you will see most people have extremely bad lane control. Unless there's already a vehicle in the other lane most people take up the whole road way when turning. Just a personal pet peeve of mine......

People that don't maintain their lane through double-lane turns (especially left) are one of my pet peeves, as well as people who drive their subcompact cars like they're pulling a 40 foot house trailer behind them and they feel the need to swing super wide into the other lane before making a turn in the opposite direction....just to be sure they make it I guess.

People that don't maintain their lane through double-lane turns (especially left) are one of my pet peeves, as well as people who drive their subcompact cars like they're pulling a 40 foot house trailer behind them and they feel the need to swing super wide into the other lane before making a turn in the opposite direction....just to be sure they make it I guess.

Yeah, that's my daily commute, nearly to a T, except that they can't handle single lane turns either. Signals optional. Also, in Toronto proper, where the 2 lanes + bicycle lanes + parking lanes are common, some will merrily drive into oncoming traffic to reach a left hand turn lane. Not just one car back mind you, we're talking at least FIVE car lengths. The current champion was nine, if you can believe it. Got to get a camera. This city is rich with entertaining idiocy.

Bonus points for the concrete mixer truck driver who did a rolling stop from a side street onto Dundas St. then STOPPED, blocking eastbound lanes entirely. The westbound lanes he was turning into were completely empty for at least 100 meters with a long sightline. Nice.

Last edited:
In my first or second year riding I almost got run over going through a steep switchback somewhere in the boonies near Milton when a bunch of seniors on HDs came around the bend and went well into my lane. I was a terrible rider but at least I could stay in my lane. If I had been in a car there would've definitely been a collision.

Back
Top Bottom