Is collision or comprehensive worth it? or neither? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is collision or comprehensive worth it? or neither?

Yes but they are all more expensive then what I am Being quoted for full coverage here lol.
Sounds like the insurance company in question has figured out something about the cost of Collision or Upset that the others haven't figured out. Maybe motorcyclists make a lot of damage claims for every little thing because their bikes are, for a lot of riders, their pride and joy?

OP, I look at this way 3 years ago, was rear ended on my bike, (which at the time was 3 years old, and valued at approx $10,000) the damage was $8,500. I was glad to have collision. Last year, bike was written off. I expected a pay out of about $6000. The insurer came to me with an offer of $8,500 + HST. My bike was not a common cruiser, and the comparable on Kijiji, worked in my favor. Now it also helped that the bike was serviced, save for oil changes at dealer, and dealer advised the bike was truly in mint condition with just under 40,000 k So in both my circumstances collision was well worth it. FYI I have had my M since 1981, NEVER had a collision of ANY type of claim, so yes they can happen in a split second. Both collisions, I was deemed not at fault.

hedo, I'm not sure if I'm reading your post right... but if those claims were not at fault, then your collision coverage didn't pay for them

If you are not at fault and you get the responsible part's ins. info, you are covered for a write off even if you just have liability.

IIRC if the goose was moving comp covers it, if the goose was already dead on the road you need collision insurance to help you.

Correct, if you are hit by a live animal, (of any sort), then you are deemed not at fault for the collision. If however, you strike a carcass, then you are deemed 100% at fault. Yes, I realize that my damages would have been covered as I wasn't at fault for either. My point was you NEVER know, under the FDR, until you contact the insurer if your covered, without collision. In the first case, they believed the other rider may have been uninsured, (the policy number was recorded incorrectly by police at the scene). Whch would have just complicated things as I would have had to pay the deductible etc.

If only there were a way to equip everyone with a cheap and portable photographic device that would allow such simple data entry errors to be quickly verified and corrected.

Back
Top Bottom