Just got back from Germany | GTAMotorcycle.com

Just got back from Germany

defeater905

Hi All, I just got back from a vacation in Germany and Amsterdam. Germany is amazing. I didn't like Amsterdam much, well not after over a week of getting wild in Germany. lol German roads are SO good. Next time I'm gong there I'm renting a motorcycle.

While in Germany I was staying with a friend who happens to be a biker. While there I asked my friend if we could check out a local motorcycle store just to compare to what we have here. He brought me to Modeka International GmbH which was in his hometown of Beckum Germany.
Apparel-wise, they mostly carry Dianese and a small german brand called Modeka. The store was massive! A few thousand sq/ft of jackets and pants, a very large section just for one piece leather suits, a wall about 30ft from floor to ceiling of gloves and the entire back wall easily 100ft of just helmets. Mostly HJC & AGV, SHOEI etc.. so lots of high end helmets. It made me quite jealous, being from Hamilton there's not much out there for gear so I tend to just order online.
So I picked out two pairs of gloves to replace what I had at home. (Alpinestars SMX air carbon gloves and Icon Patrol Waterproof gloves for colder weather) I replaced them both with Modeka Gloves. Prices are very very close but the quality of the Modeka gloves is so much better than what I was wearing previously. The alpinestar gloves feel so thin and ******, the modeka leather gloves I picked up are goat skin leather with kevlar inside, nice sliders on the palm and fits so well.

Anyways, My friend put the gloves on hold and said the owner would be at this traditional festival called Schützenfestthat night were we were already planning on going too anyways. Our plan was to get him drunk and see if he'd hook me up with better prices. (not that I thought they were bad prices to begin with) Many Krombachers later we meet up. The gentleman says he has never met anyone from Canada and he had an offer for me. The offer was I buy a jacket and take pictures of myself wearing the gear in Niagara falls or Toronto for their "on tour" section of their website. www.modeka.de/en/on-tour.html then he would give me a discount on the gear. So I was to meet him at the store two days later.

I go to the store and he ropes me into buying my two sets of gloves, a jacket and matching pants. haha BUT he gave me a very very generous discount on everything so I couldn't resist.

So here's what I bought. Shown with their regular prices and links to the products.

Summer gloves - Goat & kevlar - $55 euro = $81 cdn
Cold weather/waterproof gloves - $70 euro = $103 cdn
Mesh/textile adventure style jacket (grey) with CE level 2 elbow & shoulder and inner liner for all weather riding = $199 euro = $300 cdn
Matching mesh/textile pants (black) CE level 2 knee & large hip protectors. - $149 euro = $219 cdn

I should mention I am not very experienced with many types of gear. So I am only comparing this stuff to what I have. If anyone is interested in seeing any of this in person we can meet up.

So I'm interested to see if anyone has experience with this brand Modeka? or questions etc. I am excited to test it all out and am going to start right now. Beautiful day for a ride.

Hi All, I just got back from a vacation in Germany and Amsterdam. Germany is amazing. I didn't like Amsterdam much, well not after over a week of getting wild in Germany. lol German roads are SO good. Next time I'm gong there I'm renting a motorcycle.

While in Germany I was staying with a friend who happens to be a biker. While there I asked my friend if we could check out a local motorcycle store just to compare to what we have here. He brought me to Modeka International GmbH which was in his hometown of Beckum Germany.
Apparel-wise, they mostly carry Dianese and a small german brand called Modeka. The store was massive! A few thousand sq/ft of jackets and pants, a very large section just for one piece leather suits, a wall about 30ft from floor to ceiling of gloves and the entire back wall easily 100ft of just helmets. Mostly HJC & AGV, SHOEI etc.. so lots of high end helmets. It made me quite jealous, being from Hamilton there's not much out there for gear so I tend to just order online.
So I picked out two pairs of gloves to replace what I had at home. (Alpinestars SMX air carbon gloves and Icon Patrol Waterproof gloves for colder weather) I replaced them both with Modeka Gloves. Prices are very very close but the quality of the Modeka gloves is so much better than what I was wearing previously. The alpinestar gloves feel so thin and ******, the modeka leather gloves I picked up are goat skin leather with kevlar inside, nice sliders on the palm and fits so well.

Anyways, My friend put the gloves on hold and said the owner would be at this traditional festival called Schützenfestthat night were we were already planning on going too anyways. Our plan was to get him drunk and see if he'd hook me up with better prices. (not that I thought they were bad prices to begin with) Many Krombachers later we meet up. The gentleman says he has never met anyone from Canada and he had an offer for me. The offer was I buy a jacket and take pictures of myself wearing the gear in Niagara falls or Toronto for their "on tour" section of their website. www.modeka.de/en/on-tour.html then he would give me a discount on the gear. So I was to meet him at the store two days later.

I go to the store and he ropes me into buying my two sets of gloves, a jacket and matching pants. haha BUT he gave me a very very generous discount on everything so I couldn't resist.

So here's what I bought. Shown with their regular prices and links to the products.

Summer gloves - Goat & kevlar - $55 euro = $81 cdn
Cold weather/waterproof gloves - $70 euro = $103 cdn
Mesh/textile adventure style jacket (grey) with CE level 2 elbow & shoulder and inner liner for all weather riding = $199 euro = $300 cdn
Matching mesh/textile pants (black) CE level 2 knee & large hip protectors. - $149 euro = $219 cdn

I should mention I am not very experienced with many types of gear. So I am only comparing this stuff to what I have. If anyone is interested in seeing any of this in person we can meet up.

So I'm interested to see if anyone has experience with this brand Modeka? or questions etc. I am excited to test it all out and am going to start right now. Beautiful day for a ride.

guten morgen ! would like to hear more when you go back to germany (with a rental bike...)

It would be better to post photos of you in your new gear. Your post sounds like you are a sales rep for their company.

Nice prices though

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

It would be better to post photos of you in your new gear. Your post sounds like you are a sales rep for their company.

Yeah, I was thinking. Pix of you in the gear at Niagara Falls (preferably with hot chick). Suggest to him that he advertise on this site if he wants to sell more.

I"m not a sales rep. I will post better pics when I can. It's just decent gear for good prices. I will suggest him advertising on this site as well. good call.

Some type of sizing reference guide would help for those like me that don't learn to good

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Back
Top Bottom