Get off my lawn! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Get off my lawn!

I feel like this was discussed back in 2014, when that piece was written. Lots of factors, ie far more cruisers on the roads in the NA market; middle aged riders tending to ride those bikes more; bouncing better when youre young; etc etc etc

The real take away from that article for me is this:

“Other than a careless few that we come across during our enforcement operations, the OPP believes that Ontario motorcyclists in general recognize that they are a vulnerable road user and demonstrate safe, defensive driving,”

Which flies in the face of the theories a few of our resident haters love to perpetuate

Another theory is that middle-aged riders can finally afford the big shiny Harley-Davidson that they always wanted but could never afford when they were younger, and won't stoop to the level of buying and riding an appropriate (smaller, much lighter) learner bike first. They're still a noob rider with all the risk that entails.

^^^ Yes, this as well. Strictly anecdotal, but i've witnessed more than one that had the balance of bambi dumping those letter soup baggers at the local tims for this exact reason.

Deaths aren't a big issue for motorcycle insurance.

It's the ones who survive that cost the big bucks isn't it?

I'd also add that the impact on the other parties plays a role as well. Not many cruisers cutting SUV's near in half. Long and short, rates are ridiculous in this province, for everyone. Sure that bold statement will set off a firestorm lol.

^^^ Yes, this as well. Strictly anecdotal, but i've witnessed more than one that had the balance of bambi dumping those letter soup baggers at the local tims for this exact reason.

The sloped connection between the parking lot at Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort and US 129 is another spot where hilarity ensues.

(although in fairness, I dropped my Fizzer at a gas station parking lot nearby because it was also at an odd angle and I lost my footing in gravel ... although I had no trouble picking it back up again ...)

Speaking of deals gap, and middle aged accident prone riders... a classic.

CorvetteKiller.gif

That poor, poor Vette.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

This is why any numbers used selectively can be used to back up any point of view.
Completely useless stats without having total number of riders insured in each age grouping. If 75% of total riders are older than a certain age, it would only make sense that 75 percent of accidents are of the same age group.

Oh, I remember this. It was the "highest fatalities in seven years" hysteria. Left conveniently out was that the previous 10 years were at record lows for fatalities so in fact 2014 was in reality one of a group of years with a record low death rate. Motorcycling has become safer and safer over the past 20 years. Funny they never talk about that.

This is why any numbers used selectively can be used to back up any point of view.
Completely useless stats without having total number of riders insured in each age grouping. If 75% of total riders are older than a certain age, it would only make sense that 75 percent of accidents are of the same age group.

I can prove anything by statistics except the truth.

-George Canning

Speaking of deals gap, and middle aged accident prone riders... a classic.

CorvetteKiller.gif

Yeah okay buddy so we have Mr.Santa Claus taking a wipe out in that video and becuse of it you want to paint all middle agers as reckless riders? Most of the bozos I see on the highway with crashed bikes and writhing on the pavement are under 25 hooligans like you.

Back
Top Bottom